DeKalb County schadenfreude

Discussion in 'GWL News & Information' started by 45_Fan, Oct 11, 2020.

1. 45_Fan

45_Fan Well-Known Member

It has come to my attention that appointments are needed to renew or apply.
    https://dekalbprobatega.com/services/weapons-carry/

If I needed to renew today (October 11th), I can get an appointment as early as November 2nd.
    However, if I were applying new, the first available is February 9th.

How can I help?

2. Teeter

Teeter Active Member

Hi Dustin, did I just step out of a time machine and it's 2010 again in DeKalb County? Time for some remedial education I guess. Let me know if/how I can assist you from the wilds of Gilmer County. Mike

3. DougJ

DougJ New Member

Well I foolishly let mine expire several yrs ago and decided to reapply ( Dekalb Cty).
    I realize the State Supreme Court has set some Covid Mandates but after filling out the form online today, I am offered a May 4th 2021 date. C'mon Dekalb...
    What if any options are there? Shame on me for waiting as long as I did, I know but with the political winds, I wanted to get this done.

4. pml

pml Active Member

I live in rural Georgia now, everything's done in one building here, court, probate, car tags, vote, jury duty, property tax, weapons license. My wife knows all of them, I know half. Not far off from Mayberry. May I suggest a move?

timbrubaker and MaricopaKid like this.
  5. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Where do you live, PML? By the way, it is good to see you posting again. Welcome back!

TimBob likes this.
  6. henry321

henry321 Member

I am in the same boat. Can't believe I let mine expire before renewing. I've been trying to see if there's any way to apply for a renewal vs. applying for a new license due to Covid-19 extension. But I'm thinking I'm going to have to pay the larger fee for a new license.

7. henry321

henry321 Member

Hey, a quick update. I just now had a couple of quick emails with someone from Dekalb County Probate Court's weapons carry license department. She confirmed that despite my not renewing my weapons carry license in March, the ongoing Statewide Judicial Emergency Order means I can renew now rather than pay to have a new license, fingerprinting, etc.

8. 45_Fan

45_Fan Well-Known Member

That is fantastic news! Thanks for sharing!

9. Malum Prohibitum

Just a reminder that the Governor would not consider suspending the license as a requirement to carry, OCGA 16-11-126 (and others), even though he suspended enforcement of the mask law, OCGA 16-11-38.

10. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

That's because his regard for our Second Amendment Rights is far below the optics of being a flu virus savior.

And he has to appeal to his imaginary "moderate" voters that will prop him up when his base deserts him for being all talk and no action for our right to carry.

However, I'd wager more than a pretty penny that he has already been in talks with folks in the General Assembly about getting a hail-mary pro-gun bill either for 2021 or most likely 2022 so he can salvage the busted relationship with us.

Will it be enough? I don't know.

11. Clark

Clark Well-Known Member

For me? No. For giving in to the communists around the corona hoax, I will have to vote against him in the primary. If he still weasels through, I'll have to hold my nose and vote for him instead of whatever communist shill the dumbocraps are going to run.

12. pml

pml Active Member

Toward Lincolnton, I've been away out of the country and out west for 8 years, and thanks MP, it's nice to be back.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2021
    TimBob likes this.
  13. Savannah Dan

Savannah Dan Cross-drawer

Bob's Cafe on the Lincolnton Hwy is the halfway point between you and my 240 year old home in Warrenton. I love it there. Nothing is ever crowded when there are less than 6,000 people in the whole county.

pml likes this.
  14. Malum Prohibitum

Are we going to have to change your name to Warrenton Dan?

Two towns I have never heard of or been to in one thread. Interesting.

15. gtmatt

gtmatt Member

If you ever end up in Warrenton or close by, if Miss Jane's is still open, try it out. That is, if you like classic Southern food. It's been years since I've been there, but when possible when making trips between Warner Robins and Columbia County, we'd try to work it out to stop at Miss Jane's for lunch.

As for Lincolnton, Chicken House is where we stop if we need something there. Isn't much to choose from, but it's better than the Hardee's.

16. Savannah Dan

Savannah Dan Cross-drawer

I'll be Warrenton Dan full time in about 4 years.
    Miss Jane's is still open, except for Saturdays for now. They're not too fast, but they sure are good. An omelette, grits, toast, and coffee are still $5.50 I think. I'll be eating one of there awesome omelettes this Friday.
    Bob's Cafe is attached to a gas station that sells ice, bait and beer. They cook the best ribeye that I have ever had. 16 oz ribeye, baked potato, and a salad for $18. Accommodations are simple, but the food is great. We ate there at least once a month before the China flu hit.