DeKalb County Now Issuing Temporaries

Discussion in 'GWL News & Information' started by Malum Prohibitum, Apr 16, 2007.

1. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

2. jgullock

jgullock Active Member

I'm still amazed everytime I hear one of these reports. Geez, I didn't figure the english language was that hard to comprehend. Good work GCO!! :righton:

3. lsu_nonleg

lsu_nonleg New Member

4. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

It is working for me.

5. foshizzle

foshizzle New Member

Good job GCO! DeKalb is one of the big ones and a significant victory!

Hopefully the rest fall like dominos! :D

Just a personal story about DeKalb.

One of the many times I was in line at the probate inquiring about my GFL there was a guy ahead of me trying to renew his license. He took it out of his wallet and it was clearly well-worn. He handed it to the clerk and stated that he wanted to renew it. She took it from him, gave him the forms, gave him the spiel about where to go and what not.... when he mentioned it wasn't yet expired and asked how could he carry in the interim... she told him "Your new license should be in the mail between 4-8 weeks".

The guy just shook his head and walked away. Now he won't have to do hours of research just to determine that they should have issued him one.

6. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

As stated in the initial link (first post), this means most of the proabte courts in metro Atlanta are now obeying the law and issuing temporary renewal licenses.

For newcomers to this site, last fall (2006), despite diligent searching, we were pretty much unable to find any probate courts that complied with the state law on this subject. Even last week DeKalb was still refusing to issue them (well, until Friday). Things are changing! :D