DeKalb cop arrested, accused of statutory rape. . . . . .

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by TippinTaco, Jan 6, 2011.

1. TippinTaco

TippinTaco New Member

http://www.ajc.com/news/dekalb/dekalb-cop-arrested-accused-795913.html?cxtype=rss_news
    ehhh so he's only ACCUSED. I'll give him that. But.... just like any movie star, community leader whom ever it be, this isn't a positive story. How come he isn't arrested? When I was in school I had a friend that was charged but not convicted of stat rape and they locked him up and made him post bond.. How come this guy didnt have to? Because he's a cop? Again just another thing that pisses me royally off about LEO's and LEA's. Theres us... then theres THEM. Us we get cuffed, pushed in the back of patrol cars and finger printed. This jerkweed gets a few days off from work and sits at home waiting to be cleared of all charges... again HE WAS ONLY CHARGED, has not been found guilty yet. But I'm willing to be charges will be dropped in a few days.

2. mb90535im

mb90535im Well-Known Member

What makes you think this guy wasn't required to post a bond? Statutory rape is a felony.

3. kwikrnu

kwikrnu Banned

The last time I read about some cops who were charged with rape they got parole. :lol: I bet this guy gets the same.

4. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

The girl was 15, according to the newspaper article.
    Several years ago, the age of consent for sexual activities in Georgia was 14, and a guy in his 20's could have sex with a 15 year old. No problem.

Then the legislature changed the law to make 16 the age of consent. Anything less is statutory rape AND child molestation. If any oral sex were involved in any way, then it's AGGRAVATED child molestation (doing un-natural sex acts).

So a guy in his 20s has sex with a girl who might have been days or weeks short of her 16th birthday when she would have been perfectly legal. But she's 15 and jailbait and he's going to jail over it.

Okay, so somebody tell me how this is the crime of the century?
    And are we supposed to assume that cops are rapists or something? Maybe they should not carry guns if they're going to go around raping children???

5. gunsmoker

6. kwikrnu

kwikrnu Banned

I think it would be constitutional to make a narrow exception to the 2nd amendment which would prohibit rapists from carrying handguns. At least until they have served their time in prison.

7. gunsmoker

The founding Fathers of this nation chose not to write any exceptions into the Second Amendment, so what makes you think you can do it today? It says "shall not be infringed" PERIOD.
    End of discussion. God said it, I believe it, that settles it. ;)

8. TheLaw

TheLaw Old Time Member

The story said he was arrested. If he's out, he posted bond. I don't want to get into how I know but unfortunately, our Judges are setting bonds for child molesters. It's infuriating and I wish it weren't true. In the USA, a person is innocent until proven guilty, and I can assure you guys that is a hard fact for me to swallow right now.

9. niadhf

niadhf New Member

i must have missed that part in Vacation Bible school. Could you link that for me?
    While i do agree that it is an inherent right to a living human, i would have to see where God said anything about the right to keep and bear arms. (or did i miss sarcasm?? if so i am sorry for not reading the body language and getting touchy :lol: )

10. gunsmoker

Take your complaint to Glenn Beck, not me.
    He recently said that God guided the hands that wrote the U.S. constitution. It was divinely inspired.
    That puts it right up there with the bible, which is also the word of God as written by mere mortal men who were inspired and directed to the writing by God. Right?

http://curricublog.wordpress.com/2010/05/18/beckfinger/