DeKalb Co jury duty question

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by NTA, Dec 29, 2010.

1. NTA

NTA Well-Known Member

Received my service notice in the mail today. It has a questionnaire I am supposed to return which asks, among other things whether I have insurance with State Farm or AllState.

What's that all about ? There's dozens of insurance companies, why are those of interest ? and what exactly is that interest ?

2. CountryGun

CountryGun New Member

Plaintiff and defendant policies?

3. rmodel65

rmodel65 Yukon Cornelius

it is probably an auto accident suit and state farm and all state are defendants or plaintiffs or both..if you are a customer you might have an interest in finding one way or the other i guess(can possibly effect your insurance rates if they have to pay out etc) ???

4. NTA

NTA Well-Known Member

This is the same questionnaire I got two times before, in past years. Every potential juror gets this in DeKalb. It is not case specific. Other questions were: related to any LEO's ? ever been a crime victim ? (describe) and any relatives that have been crime victims ? (with description of crime).

So the original question remains: why ask about these two specific insurance companies ?

5. NTA

NTA Well-Known Member

Looks like I stumped the band with this question. Perhaps it is just another sign of the heavy hand of DeKalb County.

6. triggerman357

triggerman357 Active Member

I have the same notice for the 5th. I'm thinking State Farm may be mentioned since they are a sponsor for H.E.R.O.

7. triggerman357

triggerman357 Active Member

Was your number chosen? I am still in waiting room.