Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Received my service notice in the mail today. It has a questionnaire I am supposed to return which asks, among other things whether I have insurance with State Farm or AllState.

What's that all about ? There's dozens of insurance companies, why are those of interest ? and what exactly is that interest ?

·
Registered
7,594 Posts
Plaintiff and defendant policies?

·
Yukon Cornelius
11,722 Posts
it is probably an auto accident suit and state farm and all state are defendants or plaintiffs or both..if you are a customer you might have an interest in finding one way or the other i guess(can possibly effect your insurance rates if they have to pay out etc) ???

·
Registered
7,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
This is the same questionnaire I got two times before, in past years. Every potential juror gets this in DeKalb. It is not case specific. Other questions were: related to any LEO's ? ever been a crime victim ? (describe) and any relatives that have been crime victims ? (with description of crime).

So the original question remains: why ask about these two specific insurance companies ?

·
Registered
7,549 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks like I stumped the band with this question. Perhaps it is just another sign of the heavy hand of DeKalb County.

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
I have the same notice for the 5th. I'm thinking State Farm may be mentioned since they are a sponsor for H.E.R.O.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts