Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

Deer Meets King Air

1K views 27 replies 20 participants last post by  mountainpass 
#1 ·

See less See more
#9 ·
Ouch. Makes me remember the apprehension of night landings on grass strips.

#12 ·
#15 ·
vr6glidriver said:
lostprofit said:
Deer? What deer?
I found the picture of the deer, both halves of it. I'll reiterate what I said earlier - OUCH! :shock:
No, no... As can be clearly seen in the picture, the airplane absorbed the deer at the speed of sound, er... speed of venison.

:screwy:

(And Grunt found pancakes on his doghouse)

#19 ·
PETA will be along shortly. :lol:

#22 ·
I've seen deer on airport property within the fences, only once though. I've seen a coyote at LAX, and of course I've sheered the heads off several birds. Suck 'em in, chop 'em up, cook 'em and spit 'em out! And unlike Sully... I'm good enough to keep on going with both engines! :lol: :lol: (well then again I'm not flying a FRENCH Airbus :lol: :twisted: )

#24 ·
A pack of coyotes ran out in front of my plane about 4 seconds after touch down on my first night landing. The brakes worked almost to well. That was the second time I caught my instructor looking out the side window not paying close attention. The first time it was when a humongus turkey buzzard that appeared about 25 feet in front of the windscreen when I brought the nose down to recover from a practice stall at 4000 feet. Bob, the flight instructor, never saw the buzzard and got kinda excited when I abruptly did an emergency descent.

#26 ·
where there really two halves of the deer on the runway after this encounter with the tuboprop twin?

I would think that at most you'd find the upper one-third of the deer, and the back one-third.
Everything else would be splattered on the plane, slug into the woods like handfuls of wet toilet paper, clinging to the tree limbs and weeds....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.