Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, I'm a few days late getting this thread started.
December is here. Who is going to shoot a target and tell us about it for one or (or more) of the "postal matches" here?

We have RIFLES, shot at 25 yards, standing, unsupported except for a sling if you want.

We have PISTOLS, shot at 50 feet, standing, unsupported, slow fire.

Use optics, use iron sights, shoot rimfire or centerfire, whatever.
If we get enough people participating with different kinds of guns, we'll have divisions to break the scores down according to the type of firearm you used.

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Congrats to XLS177, who won both the rifle and pistol matches for November.
And congrats also to 1clearshot, who came in second place and beat me both for the pistol postal match and the Hi-Caliber .22 fun league shoot last week.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Tin_Can_Terminator said:
I know a group of guys that would be interestid in this. What is the date ?
See this thread for the rules of a "postal match."

viewtopic.php?f=28&t=18327

you shoot whenever at your own range and post the details of your score in this thread. Honor system.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Ok technically my fiancee and I shot these on the 30th, but since I didn't get them posted then, I'll count them as our December scores as I'm graduating/moving from GA to TX/trying to find a job the rest of this month.

Her: Score 38
Ruger Single Six .22LR

Me: Score 67
Heritage Rough Rider .22LR

I'll try and find the targets to post each shot, but I thought she did pretty good considering she did pretty good considering she's only shot that gun maybe 50 rounds. To my defense, I only ran one cylinder through mine after buying it before I shot this :D

·
Registered
58 Posts
77 pts. 10-10-8-8-8-8-7-7-5-6
Ruger Mark 3 hunter with cheap tasco 1x red dot scope .
only shot 2 practice targets.

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Shot this one above with my High Standard .22 target pistol with the Tasco red dot scope.
It's 90 points. 4 tens, 2 nines, and 4 eights.

This is the SKS target, shot at 25 yards, factory iron sights. I got both lucky and unlucky on this one. A bunch of 10's but also a flinch (the guy next to me touched off a shot of his M4 type rifle while I was just getting some pressure on the trigger). The flinch was a zero, but I still got 85 points on this target.

This is my daily carry gun, the compact PT-111 in 9mm. 62 points. You see most of the shots are high. For those I was aiming about 5" below the black, which was not low enough! (I need a taller front sight).
Score breakdown is: 4 of the 7 pointers; 4 of the six pointers; and two fives.

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
78 points with the S&W .22 revolver, Model 34, 4" barrel.

10, 10, 9. 9. 8, 8, 7, 6, 6, and 5.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Hope the pic comes through on this. I count 78-- 10, 9, 9, 9, 9, 8, 7, 7, 6, 4
Shot with a Browning Buckmark.

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Good shooting, Lynx !

SUMMARY OF DECEMBER RESULTS:

Lynx, You and I tied for 1st place with 78 points each ( .22 pistol match)
1 clearshot and WhateverJones tied for second place with just one point less (77 points each).
WOW that was CLOSE. Real close competition = exciting.
Tex06 brings up third place with 67 points,
and honorable mention to Tex's fiancee with 38 points (which can be doubled with just a few months' regular practice I'll bet).

It's been fun, y'all. And Happy New Year.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Not that I'm complaining, gunsmoker, but it looks like you shot a 90 (posted on Dec. 24). I think that takes the cake!

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,108 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well that was with a real target pistol with a match-grade trigger, so since nobody else had one like that, and only one other person shot a pistol with a red dot sight, I figured I'd just use my score that came from the other gun.

·
Registered
58 Posts
It was my first shooting match of any kind.I have been shooting for many years but none in competition.And I had a blast.(pun intended)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts