Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a warning for everyone going through this area, with the lights out, virtually no one on Scott Boulevard is treating their side as a four-way stop. I called the Decatur police and was basically blown off. Very dangerous situation here.

·
Registered
8,844 Posts
About 75% of the lights in the area were out or malfunctioning Monday evening. About 30% of the drivers didn't care. Keep your head on a swivel and beware the idiots.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This morning it was 100% at that intersection. But I reported it on the Decatur Police Facebook page and they appeared to have some kind of stop sign out there this afternoon.

·
Swollen Member
11,969 Posts
Just a warning for everyone going through this area, with the lights out, virtually no one on Scott Boulevard is treating their side as a four-way stop. I called the Decatur police and was basically blown off. Very dangerous situation here.
I don't understand the issue. Imagine there was no light at all. Scott Blvd is the main thoroughfare where traffic should have the right-of-way by default. Superior is a small, two-lane road and should be subordinate to five-lane Scott Blvd. People turning off of Superior should yield to people on Scott Blvd. No I don't think it should be a 4-way stop; that doesn't make sense. A 2-way stop for Superior traffic does make sense.

·
Swollen Member
11,969 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts