Debate Tonight

Discussion in 'National Laws, Bills and Politics' started by Malum Prohibitum, May 3, 2007.

1. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Everybody watching the Presidential Candidate (Republican) debate tonight at 8:00?

2. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Anybody watch this?

What a waste of time it was.

I saw nothing I want to vote for . . . but I can see where things are going to end up . . .

3. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday New Member

I watched it. I felt that the questions asked were a lot harder than the softballs pitched to the Democrats last week.

I couldn't stand how most of them tried to play the connection they have to Ronald Reagan. Most of them are not very Reagan like at all.

How does Rudy believe that he will win the bid and support abortion. That stance alone will lose him a ton of support. I do like his views on being on the offensive against terrorism, but his views on the 2A scare me.

Romney didn't look bad. But we all know he is a flip-flopper.

McCain, like Bob Dole comes off to me as being to old. Yes, I know Reagan was 69 when he took the oath of office but McCain is no Reagan. He seemed to be trying way to hard. I mean did you seen the huge grin on his face right after he said he was going to track down Osama Bin Ladden and kill him?

I like Mike Huckabee and Duncan Hunter but they are not going to make it out of the second tier.

4. luke0927

luke0927 New Member

I got to catch a little at the end of the 11pm showing....Thompson hads some good things and i liked Huckabees support on the fairtax...I've liked Tancreto's stand on things for a while....but im sure it will be McCain, Guliani, and Romeny....which i will never vote for

I would like to take a look at the 2nd amendment views by Huckabee,Tancreto,Thompson

5. luke0927

luke0927 New Member

Huckabee on 2nd

6. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

I missed the debate, but agree with you on Rudy. He claims to be a friend of the 2a. I'll agree with him on the fact NY's gun laws were in effect before he was elected, that he didn't pass them. My issue is that he uses that as a cop out. A true friend to the 2A would have tried to do something to change them for the better, not just say, "Well, there here before I was elected, there's nothing I can about it." HE DID NOTHING TO HELP MAKE THE LAWS BETTER!!!

7. luke0927

luke0927 New Member

http://gunowners.org/pres08/huckabee.htm

8. Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday New Member

"I like Mike" :righton:

I don't think that he will be able to compete against the jugernaut of the big three though with money or media exposure.

9. Rammstein

Rammstein New Member

Ron Paul for the win!

10. foshizzle

foshizzle New Member

Maybe in a parallel universe where people care about liberty, personal freedom and limits on government.

In this universe... not a snowballs chance in hell.

The Dems spammed those polls making him look like number 1 even though most Republicans couldn't stomach even half of his ideas. We did the same thing to the Kuch after the Dems debate. Or, at least I did. Polls mean next to nothing until election day when they are proven completely worthless. At least in my opinion.