Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
68,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everybody watching the Presidential Candidate (Republican) debate tonight at 8:00?

·
68,657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Anybody watch this?

What a waste of time it was.

I saw nothing I want to vote for . . . but I can see where things are going to end up . . .

·
Registered
633 Posts
I watched it. I felt that the questions asked were a lot harder than the softballs pitched to the Democrats last week.

I couldn't stand how most of them tried to play the connection they have to Ronald Reagan. Most of them are not very Reagan like at all.

How does Rudy believe that he will win the bid and support abortion. That stance alone will lose him a ton of support. I do like his views on being on the offensive against terrorism, but his views on the 2A scare me.

Romney didn't look bad. But we all know he is a flip-flopper.

McCain, like Bob Dole comes off to me as being to old. Yes, I know Reagan was 69 when he took the oath of office but McCain is no Reagan. He seemed to be trying way to hard. I mean did you seen the huge grin on his face right after he said he was going to track down Osama Bin Ladden and kill him?

I like Mike Huckabee and Duncan Hunter but they are not going to make it out of the second tier.

·
Registered
754 Posts
I got to catch a little at the end of the 11pm showing....Thompson hads some good things and i liked Huckabees support on the fairtax...I've liked Tancreto's stand on things for a while....but im sure it will be McCain, Guliani, and Romeny....which i will never vote for

I would like to take a look at the 2nd amendment views by Huckabee,Tancreto,Thompson

·
Registered
754 Posts
Huckabee on 2nd

Monday, April 23, 2007
Mike Huckabee on the Second Amendment.

2nd Amendment Rights.

The reason I believe in the 2nd amendment is that all inalienable human rights, as well as all civil rights, are secondary to the right of self defense.

What I mean by that is this: If you cannot defend on your own, with your own resources, any given "right" you have in the instant that another person would seek to violate or deprive you of it, then that right is not inalienable, but rather "on loan" from the government you depend on to ensure your rights. Unfortunately, though our law enforcement officials diligently work to prevent crime, especially violent crime, it is all too common that violent criminals choose to act when and where the police are not present. In these cases, when there is a lawfully armed citizen present, that individual can thwart the attack preventing property loss, injury, rape, or their own death or that of a defenseless citizen.

Many of the arguments against the second amendment cast it as outdated and no longer applicable. These challenges are based on interpreting the right to keep and bear arms only for the purpose of defending against tyranny. Idealistically, we would be able to trust our government to always respect our rights, but we must realize that, in any case, it is not fully capable of ensuring or protecting them.

When you deny a citizen his or her right to own and carry weapons sufficient to defend against the armed violence of modern gangs and other criminals, that person's rights to life, liberty, property, freedom of movement, freedom from enslavement and torture, etc. are only secure and inalienable if that citizen is surrounded by armed law enforcement 24/7. This is why, unfortunately, most violent crimes are not stopped by law enforcement, but instead are investigated and, hopefully, prosecuted successfully. It is simply not just to deny a people their right to protect themselves and their families except in cases where an individual has proven him or herself as dangerous and untrustworthy.

No court verdict will ever fully erase the pain caused by a violent crime that could have been prevented by a legitimate act of self defense. The truth is that we will never successfully disarm the criminal population. By disarming our law abiding citizens we only remove a real deterrent that violent criminals face--that they cannot know who is helpless and who is armed. I once saw a bumper sticker that looked out of place among a collage of very liberal bumper stickers on the back of a Honda hatchback. The sticker summed up why the 2nd amendment should not be tampered with or impeded. Its message was simple and accurate;

·
Atlanta Overwatch
13,820 Posts
Doc Holliday said:
How does Rudy believe that he will win the bid and support abortion. That stance alone will lose him a ton of support. I do like his views on being on the offensive against terrorism, but his views on the 2A scare me.
I missed the debate, but agree with you on Rudy. He claims to be a friend of the 2a. I'll agree with him on the fact NY's gun laws were in effect before he was elected, that he didn't pass them. My issue is that he uses that as a cop out. A true friend to the 2A would have tried to do something to change them for the better, not just say, "Well, there here before I was elected, there's nothing I can about it." HE DID NOTHING TO HELP MAKE THE LAWS BETTER!!!

·
Registered
754 Posts
Huckabee On The Issues Oppose reauthorization of of the 1994 semi-auto ban? Yes

Oppose background checks on private firearms transactions at gun shows? Yes

Oppose expansion the unconstitutional Brady law, as found in HR 297, introduced in 2007? Yes

Oppose legislation requiring firearms intended for self-protection to be locked up when they are not in use? Yes

Oppose a ban or further restrictions on .50 caliber firearms? Yes

Oppose a waiting period for the purchase of a firearm? Yes

Oppose a ban on any type of ammunition? Yes

Support a repeal of the Washington, D.C., gun ban? Yes

Support a repeal of the requirement that trigger locks be sold with every retail firearm? Yes

Support recognition among the states to allow a person who has the right to carry a concealed weapon in his or her home state to have the right to carry in other states? Yes

Will you Repeal the Executive Order banning the importation of certain semi-automatic rifles? Yes

Will you nominate judges who interpret the Constitution as the Founders intended, rather than as a "living document" that reflects current political fads and opinion? Yes

Will you issue an Executive Order directing that carrying weapons in national forests and parks be governed by local laws? Yes
http://gunowners.org/pres08/huckabee.htm

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Rammstein said:
Ron Paul for the win!
Maybe in a parallel universe where people care about liberty, personal freedom and limits on government.

In this universe... not a snowballs chance in hell.

The Dems spammed those polls making him look like number 1 even though most Republicans couldn't stomach even half of his ideas. We did the same thing to the Kuch after the Dems debate. Or, at least I did. Polls mean next to nothing until election day when they are proven completely worthless. At least in my opinion.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts