Deaf woman slept through five-hour gun siege

Discussion in 'In the News' started by mzmtg, Jul 23, 2007.

1. mzmtg

mzmtg Active Member

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/news/arti ... article.do

2. Macktee

Macktee New Member

It seems about once a week we hear about a SWAT team laying siege to a house only to discover it's empty or the wrong house or something of a similar nature. Although, I gotta say, this is probably the worst case I've heard of.

What really amazes me is even after they realized they had made a mistake, they still placed the woman under arrest. Say what?

I suspect Devon and Cornwall will be making a sizable addition to this woman's retirement funds sometime soon...

I have to wonder how these things happen. The article doesn't explain just how the police came upon the information causing them to take such actions. The rules are a little different in the UK, but I still think they would need a warrant or some judicial approval before breaking into a private home. Strange.....!

3. Sharky

Sharky New Member

"Miss Pellow was arrested on suspicion of unlawfully possessing a firearm but released without charge. "

WTF for????????????????????????????????

You make a mistake, find nothing illegal, arrest a woman that is practicaly deaf, and then say you will investigate if she complains?????????????

"A spokesman for Devon and Cornwall Police said the matter would be investigated if she made a complaint.

He added: "Police negotiators had been at the scene trying to make contact with anyone inside the house for several hours."

Well maybe they should have gathered more intel! You got to love spokespeople.

4. Sharky

Sharky New Member

well it is the UK so I guess logic isnt present.

5. wsweeks2

wsweeks2 New Member

Bingo!!!

6. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

I just noticed the 5 hour part...seems a little long to me...

7. mzmtg

mzmtg Active Member

Rumor of a gun is all they need to send in the troops.

8. pro2am

pro2am New Member

Thought I'd try my hand at editing:

How'd I do?

9. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

Copying an article on Parker isn't editing! :roll: