Deadly Force Simulator Range

Discussion in 'Training' started by gunsmoker, Aug 9, 2019.

1. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

82BD3BC7-86D8-46BD-BF81-D672CB922268.jpeg B61578C9-95C8-4AA2-8709-FDB7BE15ADB6.jpeg 9115CEE3-F726-459A-9C8B-16D74966965E.jpeg

This gun store and SIMULATED shooting range, off Hwy 140 in the Alpharetta/ Woodstock area looks very interesting.

They have a lot of used guns, collectible and high-quality ones, on consignment. Unusual ones.

They have a firearms simulation room where you use laser-beam shooting duty-sized pistols that have an air powered reciprocation of the slide to at least partially simulate recoil.

You hold this gun (or wear it in a holster) while you watch a scenario unfolding on three screens in front of you --one directly in front of you and the other two on your right and left sides out of 45° angle. You are to react to what you see on the screen which may include drawing and firing your weapon at a bad guy on the screen while that badguy fires back at you or is harming innocent people.

This is very similar to the deadly force training simulation room at the Georgia Public Safety Training Center in Forsyth, Georgia, where so many law-enforcement officers receive their firearms training and get their credentials. (I've been there, with Malum, AtlPhilip, and a couple other gun guys.)

Schweisshund and StarJack like this.
  2. gunsmoker

P.S. If you go there, make sure you look for the sign, because you'll never recognize the building as being a gun store. It looks very much like the bank that the building used to be.

Here is their address for GPS or mapping:

9045 Hickory Flat Hwy.
    Canton, GA 3018

3. gunsmoker

4. mrhutch

mrhutch Well-Known Member

What kind of pricing for the simulator? I DEFINITELY want to check that out, and I have a buddy that's a Forsyth county jail deputy that's going to the sheriff's academy in October, so I'm sure he'd love the experience as well.

Edit: you posted the link while I was typing.

Definitely a little pricey to be a frequent activity, but i definitely wanna go a few times, if nothing else to highlight practical areas of improvement to train on elsewhere.

5. Wegahe

Wegahe NRA Instructor

At first I thought it was going to be Smokeless Range. This system is quite a bit more advanced.

6. a_springfield

a_springfield Well-Known Member

Is it the same owner as when it was next to west mart?

7. gunsmoker

This is a new store under new ownership. It is not a relocated store, not a move by that other gun store that used to be right next to the gas station a couple hundred yards south.

8. a_springfield

a_springfield Well-Known Member

I thought they had signs they were moving
    I might stop in if it is not the same people. The other one had horrible customer service. The guy behind the counter did not acknowledge me at all in about 5 minutes while he was making small talk with what I would assume a friend based on the conversation. I also, heard third hand so details might not be 100%, a 20 year old took in his legally owned pistol for recall/warranty work and they would not return it because he was not 21. And would not allow anyone else because they were not the owner