Deadliest Warrior's 10 Most Ridiclously [email protected]$$ Weapons

Discussion in 'Firearms' started by Xiclotl, Oct 14, 2010.

1. Xiclotl

Xiclotl Active Member

2. Fallschirmjäger

Fallschirmjäger I watch the watchers

I think that little line tells me all I really need to know about their "testing" methods. They're like AA-12 fanboys. It doesn't matter that it's heavy, awkward, unwieldy and inaccurate. Just look at it, it Looks bad ass.

3. Xiclotl

Xiclotl Active Member

The problem with their "testing methods" is that they are measuring for instant lethality/maximum damage in the first strike. They don't really take skill or defense into account. That's why the ninja fared so poorly. It's not always about taking your opponent down in one strike. You'd end up with a skewed list of boxers if you ranked them by who hit the hardest vs skill.

4. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

That swarm of bees thing-- launching 32 rocket-propelled arrows at once--- did better than I thought.
    6 hits and 2 confirmed kills out of the gorup of 17 enemies.

I don't think I could have done much better with a submachinegun, firing a 32 -round magazine in one long burst.

It would be an interesting test to do sometime.

But if you were to open-up on a group of 17 attackers at that distance (about 50 yards, it looked like.) with a 12-gauge semi-auto shotgun loaded with buckshot, I think you'd have a lot more success in just slightly longer time.

5. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

The Dragunov may not be as accurate as a bolt-action sniper rifle, but you have to admit it's more versatile.
    Being a semi-auto gives it quick follow-up shots, which you may need if you're shooting at a moving target.
    Or if your goal is to take out a several members of an enemy force, not just one or two, before they all get behind cover or before they can locate you and start shooting back.

Until we got over in Iraq and Afghanistan, most military sniper shots were not very long range. A couple hundred yards.
    For police snipers, it's more like 70 yards average. Basically from a couple houses down the block.

6. Flatbad-hd

Flatbad-hd New Member

The Dragunov has poor optics, marginal accuracy and some reliability issues but it sure looks cool! Training and tweaking can improve effectiveness but it is still a Dragunov that is not on the same level as the M24 or even M21. It was designed with a different mindset...easy and cheap to produce with little training required.