DC VIP retrieval

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by Schweisshund, Aug 31, 2020.

1. Schweisshund

Schweisshund Well-Known Member

My freshman year and the very first week, after new student orientation, I was with some of the incoming students out sight seeing. We had all met at nso. We decided to ride a bus back to Union Station to wait for our University shuttle.

While sitting in the DC Metro bus, in traffic, and in front of Union Station, a guy got out of his car and went to the car that was in front of him and shot and killed everyone inside. Apparently, his wife had been cheating on him and he had been following her (that was later reported in the news, or another student told me, I can't remember which).

Anyways, I remember the DC Police reaction ...it was like ALL of them popped up out of the cracks in the sidewalk. BOOM! ALL of them were suddenly right there. Like magic.

2. Schweisshund

This is a Marxist strategy to overthrow the US Government.

you-see-the-useful-idiots-the-leftists-who-are-idealistically-6386603 (1).png

Craftsman likes this.

3. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

Would it not also be prudent for you to stay out of a potential hot zone? Can your friends not safely (?) Uber their way from Point A to Point B? It's not like you're going to be able to go to them with any sort of firepower. You know what would most likely happen to you.

Schweisshund likes this.
  4. Schweisshund

I am going to discuss it with him. I personally think that would be the best option, and anytime a person travels in DC, they are always running a risk. I am also planning on getting there and leaving before the 17th. I will be home the Sunday before.

TimBob likes this.
  5. allen-1

allen-1 fng

Don't speed in Virginia. They've got the usual 20 over is reckless, but they also write you for reckless over 80 - and that includes while you're driving on a 70mph posted highway.

The possible penalties include jail time. Although a plethora of lawyers will flood your out of state mailbox with offers to help if you get the ticket and money will solve the problem.

phantoms and Schweisshund like this.
  6. Schweisshund

Would I be legal in Crystal City, VA?

I found a deal on a nice place and will not need to stay in a roach motel.

7. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

If you can drive there and back you should be fine. No go metro tho. No go downtown either.

Nemo

Schweisshund likes this.
  8. OWM

OWM Well-Known Member

9. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

Looks from the top of the mountain on the Turnpike about 15 miles from my house. Could be a couple spots on Skyline Drive too.

Nemo

10. moe mensale

Definitely not the National Mall.

11. Schweisshund

12. OWM

OWM Well-Known Member

Backpacked all over those mountains in the Joyce Kilmer/Slickrock Wilderness back in the early 90's. It was real wilderness back then. Hope it still is. For those of you that hike or backpack you need to hike up to The Hangover you'll love it. Got stuck up there in 1993 for a extra couple of days when an Alberta Clipper came through and snowed a bunch. The Skyway opened in 1996. I got to go check it out. Too damn old to hike those Mountains now.

TimBob and Schweisshund like this.
  13. Schweisshund

Did a search on land for sale ....found some good deals

14. Schweisshund

VIP returned home safely. Wants to visit next year.

Savannah Dan likes this.
  15. OWM

OWM Well-Known Member

Southern Charm. It still exist. Glad it was a good trip.

Schweisshund likes this.
  16. moe mensale

Wait. The election is like 30 days away and they went back to DC already? I thought they wanted to avoid the spicyness?

17. Schweisshund

We paid attention to the adbusters group ...they chickened out.