Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
6,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife should be applying for her GFL in Dawson County next week. Can anyone report on their disposition, speed of issue, and any other helpful info?

They only thing I found here on Dawson County was the probate judge's email crap. I'm already pissed and we haven't even handed in her application!

When I again inquired about the temp (I forgot my birth cert the first visit), I was told that the county does not issue them. I pointed out that state law specifies that they will be issued. Her response? "Where are you getting all this? The internet? I wish people would stop posting that stuff, because it just isn't true!"
:roll:

·
Super Moderator
69,784 Posts
When I again inquired about the temp (I forgot my birth cert the first visit), I was told that the county does not issue them. I pointed out that state law specifies that they will be issued. Her response? "Where are you getting all this? The internet? I wish people would stop posting that stuff, because it just isn't true!"
Man, I had almost forgotten about that! :rotfl:

That was Muscogee County, though, and it was posted by Havoc1, who has not been here in a long time.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I applied recently and it took about 3 weeks total. It was very easy, the jail is right across from the probate court so just walk on over after you fill out the application. There was also no charge for the fingerprints, I thought it would be $5.

·
Banned
6,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Wifey went in today and filled out the application, but when she was about to get finger printed, the Dawson County Jail when into hyper lockdown because an inmate when nuts. :?

She's gonna go get finger printed tomorrow. We'll start the clock when she's done.

BTW, she's a GCO member now, too. 8)

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
AV8R said:
Wifey went in today and filled out the application, but when she was about to get finger printed, the Dawson County Jail when into hyper lockdown because an inmate when nuts. :?

She's gonna go get finger printed tomorrow. We'll start the clock when she's done.

BTW, she's a GCO member now, too. 8)
=D> :righton:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts