Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Atlanta Overwatch
13,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone here know how to go about dating an old rifle? I was curious about my 1891 Argentine Mauser. I know that they made the 1891 from 1891 to 1909. Is there a way to find out when mine was made? I know on most modern firearms you can, but being approx 100 years old makes it a little harder.

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
Never tried before, but I imagine that all you really need to do is throw those cheesy pick-up lines out and just ask her out for dinner. Be yourself, no one likes someone who isn't what is advertised.

And if it doesn't work out, and there is no chemistry, there are always other rifles out there.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
slabertooch said:
Never tried before, but I imagine that all you really need to do is throw those cheesy pick-up lines out and just ask her out for dinner. Be yourself, no one likes someone who isn't what is advertised.

And if it doesn't work out, and there is no chemistry, there are always other rifles out there.
And Macktee says I'm bad. :roll:

·
Token Liberal Hippie
13,680 Posts
slabertooch said:

Beat me to it.

I was also gonna throw out the three-day call rule.

·
Token Liberal Hippie
13,680 Posts
Rammstein said:
Be gentle. Make sure you use plenty of BF-CLP.
I KNEW it worked as a "personal" lubricant!

My better half won't let me try it. :(

·
Registered
3,216 Posts
slabertooch said:

Like anyone didn't see that coming... :roll:

·
Registered
5,798 Posts

·
Registered
4,322 Posts
Rammstein said:
gsusnake said:
My better half won't let me try it.
I didn't know she could talk...
Oh she talks alright, you just don't want to hear her sing.

·
Atlanta Overwatch
13,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
GAGunOwner said:
I'd rather date an old rifle than some of the women I've been involved with.
My old rifle doesn't complain when I want to shoot instead of hang out. It also doesn't complain when I fondle an dplay with other guns. :righton:

·
Atlanta Overwatch
13,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
It's ok. I got one, and only one, over on GT. Mine was made in 1893. We'll have to feed some extra ammo Sat, as a late 100th b-day present. :twisted:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts