Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
So, I am new to carrying and I have a very nice K&D defender for my M&P40c I just got a in the mail a month or two ago. I really like it. Problem is, all my pants are very tight with it. Duh, I guess. I am pretty slim framed (6'1" 32 inch waist, 170 lbs), so the holster makes a big difference when inside the belt line. I am left wondering how much larger pants I will need for carrying, and will they be too big/baggy when I am not carrying. Thoughts?

·
16,485 Posts
Going up a size (to 33) should be fine for going both ways. I usually pick my holster depending on which pants I am wearing (smaller sizes -> OWB; larger sizes -> IWB).

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Since even with an IWB hoslter you will have to cover it, try using an outside the belt holster.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
+1 on trying the owb holster if you don't want to worry about your current pant sizes. Pancake style leather holsters and usually fairly easily concealed. Even slimmer than those is the new style of kydex out there like the Fist High Ride and the one Mike at Talon Tactical is working on, he doesn't have pics on the website yet but its a very slim, slightly rounded (matches the curve of the body) holster that can be used owb or iwb, I think its going to be called the PK3, but I can't remember off hand.

edited to fix Talon Tactical's new holster model name.

G

·
Discussion Starter #6
one nice thing about the K&D Defender is it has belt slots and can be worn OWB if desired. Just unscrew and remove the clips.

·
Just a Man
6,056 Posts
From my experience, too loose of a pant in the waist can hinder comfortable IWB carry just as much as too tight. Budder had good advice. If the pants you already own and wear are too tight, then go up one size. If you go up too much, then your pants are always trying to fall off you no matter how tight you adjust your belt. It leads to having to constantly adjusting your holstered gun, and that is no way to carry a gun.

On another note, you seem to be pretty skinny by your description of yourself. My I suggest that you might want to think about building some upper body muscle in the shoulders and chest area. You don't have to get huge or anything. This will lead to your cover garments draping over your gun in a better fashion which leads to better concealment. YMMV

1 - 7 of 7 Posts