Dad tasered while holding newborn!!!

Discussion in 'In the News' started by blind_shake, Aug 14, 2007.

1. M249

M249 New Member

They were protecting the child from the bad man by tasering said bad man while holding said child.

Really, it makes sense! :roll:

2. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

:(

As an interesting aside, the father probably could have been carrying in that hospital. I would hate to have been the guard if that were the case.

3. foshizzle

foshizzle New Member

What kind of person would taser someone holding a baby?

I mean if they had a knife or something, maybe :? Heck, I probably would have called in the hostage negotiator first. Was there even a threat?

4. Mobster989

Mobster989 New Member

The kind that shouldn't be in law-enforcement.

I'm curious why the doctors were saying he couldn't take his baby home.

5. Dan4010

Dan4010 New Member

This is a very interesting case. First, it stated that Mom and Dad wanted to leave the hosptial with thier child. Now unless the kid is critcally ill or has an infectious disease that can harm the public. They have every right to leave the hospital anytime they like, just like you and I. Particularly, if they are not happy with the care they are receiveing. There is no justification for tasering a parent with a child unless the parent is planning to or harming the child. Most importantly in this case is that since the elevator was locked, the parent could not leave any way.

6. Opus X

Opus X New Member

CPS has custody of the baby?

I know there is information missing that may support the reasoning for this action, but this whole incident appears to be a comedy of errors wherein everyone over stepped boundaries.

7. wsweeks2

wsweeks2 New Member

He was thinking of the children though.

:roll:

8. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

That may explain some of it, but Tasering a man you think may be kidnapping the child is not wise.

And it is also doubtful that the officer thought there was a kidnapping, as the mother was there saying they wanted to leave.

My guess is the officer just wanted to Taser the guy because he was cussing and agitated, and they teach in the Academy that the officer is in control and must maintain it, so ZAP!

:?

9. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

:roll: As if you'd know anything about the Academy!

10. jrm

jrm Sledgehammer

Somebody endangered the child. Maybe it was somebody who took deliberate action that was substantially certain to cause the child to fall to the floor, possibly having an adult fall on top of it to boot.

11. AeroShooter

AeroShooter New Member

I found this interesting:

Seems he did not think his clever plan all the way through.

Hmmm, always more to the story...

There will still be a lawsuit, probably justified IMHO.

I love comments like these:

Did anyone see the other video story from today regarding the ammunition shortage?