CZ 75B SA - Range Report

Discussion in 'Firearm Related' started by Phil1979, Sep 23, 2010.

1. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

Fired my new baby today. She runs as smooth as a new Caddy on virgin asphalt. When dry firing, the trigger seems a little gritty and creepy, but with live fire, it seems almost like a 1911 trigger.

One anomaly - I like to slam the magazine in, and when I do, it goes into battery! Caveat though: in the five times I did this, it only chambered a round three times. So killing a bird with two stones like this doesn't always work. I'll just gingerly insert the magazine from now on, and then release the slide.

Interesting observation: the Winchester whitebox FMJ was stronger in recoil than the Remington redbox FMJ. I noticed no difference in recoil between the Winchester 115 FMJ and the DoubleTap Ammo 147 +P Gold Dot JHP.

No need to grip it tightly. The weight of this heavy firearm ensures that even strong ammo recoil is calmed down to a gentle muzzle rise. I'm no marksman with it, but still much more accurate with it than with my Glock 23. It became my primary carry arm the day I got it. Still love my Glock, but its job now is mostly home protection, and not carry protection.

One strange thing, the first three mags fired, it would not lock open after the last round. After that, it behaved like it should. May have needed a little break in. Could also be mildly related to replacing the 13lb recoil spring with a 16lb.

2. Samuel Adams

Samuel Adams New Member

My first CZ was a SA model. I still regret trading it off.

3. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

Go forth and buy ye another. :)

I'm never getting rid of mine. Out of my five pistols, this one is the sweetest shooting.