Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I always carry concealed in CVS because I get the feeling I'd get tossed out if I OC'd there.

They have a warning sign on their door stating that the police regularly patrol their store. That's wonderful, I hope they do, along with patroling all other stores. Maybe this is their way of scaring off both potential robbers as well as those who lawfully carry firearms? I don't know.

Anyone ever OC in a CVS?

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
I worked at 2 different CVS stores for a total of 2.5 years one location had a Deputy in almost every day (but his wife worked there) the other one only had the occasional cop come in for a drink or candy bar (unless we called them then it took at least 20 min. to get a response)

FWIW there was not a policy for or against carrying in the store

·
Registered
1,918 Posts
I did once in Villa Rica, no problem.
Those signs are for the would be hold ups, for all those drugs in there. I believe at one time, there were a rash of drugstore robberies.

·
Registered
2,133 Posts
I've open carried there. Noticed an unusually high rate of "Yes, sir" usage. Otherwise no problem.

·
Super Moderator
7,126 Posts
I've OCed in the one by my house quite a few times. Never had an issue

·
Registered
2,745 Posts
i've oc'd at several cvs in cumming also their competetors and have never had a problem. same goes for walmart, target, best buy, kohls, dicks, michaels, petco, etc, etc. and those that know me know that i could never pass for leo. i even oc at leons and they have a full service postal counter :panic:

·
Registered
530 Posts
Phil1979 said:
I always carry concealed in CVS because I get the feeling I'd get tossed out if I OC'd there.

They have a warning sign on their door stating that the police regularly patrol their store. That's wonderful, I hope they do, along with patroling all other stores. Maybe this is their way of scaring off both potential robbers as well as those who lawfully carry firearms? I don't know.

Anyone ever OC in a CVS?
If your talking about the one next to the QT on 78, I have carried OC and CC in there many times. No issues.

·
Registered
15,974 Posts
As long as there are no signs, no employees asking you to leave, conceal, etc., and no police harassing you...go about your business and carry on.

·
I may be slow, but I sure am ugly
1,221 Posts
I OC every time I go in CVS, usually the one in Covington at Brown Bridge and Salem Rd., but also the one at Honey Creek. Never had a second look.

·
Registered
683 Posts
I OC at Walgreens and CVS at fiveforks and dogwood in snellville never even a second look. Heck I OC every where I can legally. A right not used is a right lost. :righton:

·
Registered
7,594 Posts
GAGunOwner said:
As long as there are no signs...
Signs do not carry legal weight in Georgia. I've probably conveyed that ten times today. Carry on! If asked to leave, leave, and I hope you leave a full cart in the aisle! The only charge can be criminal trespass, if you don't leave.

Ignore signs!..............in Georgia.

·
Registered
15,974 Posts
CountryGun said:
GAGunOwner said:
As long as there are no signs...
Signs do not carry legal weight in Georgia. I've probably conveyed that ten times today. Carry on! If asked to leave, leave, and I hope you leave a full cart in the aisle! The only charge can be criminal trespass, if you don't leave.

Ignore signs!..............in Georgia.
I do understand the sign situation here in GA but I do take issue when a sign is posted. I don't think it makes much sense to blatently open carry into a posted location but you can if you wish.

·
Registered
396 Posts
The OP stated that the sign said store is regularly patrolled by police. Why would this scare off people lawfully carrying firearms? Am I missing something? If you are a law abiding citizen and lawfully exercising your right who cares how many cops are patrolling or how often? I would walk right in and attend to my business without a second thought.

·
Registered
7,594 Posts
harleymason said:
The OP stated that the sign said store is regularly patrolled by police. Why would this scare off people lawfully carrying firearms? Am I missing something? If you are a law abiding citizen and lawfully exercising your right who cares how many cops are patrolling or how often? I would walk right in and attend to my business without a second thought.
Why would the presence of either a security guard, LEO, or sign scare anybody off? I carry into businesses with signs all of the time. Tonight, I had a security guard (read "Marshall") circle me six times, while I was enjoying crab-legs at Harbor Inn. I thought he was going to break his neck trying to get a look at my cocked and locked Colt. He never said a word. The main benefit of OC is to educate the sheeple. CC does nothing for us. I certainly don't disrespect a members choice to CC. I'm just saying that it doesn't do much for the cause.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts