·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.ledger-enquirer.com/2010/11/ ... qus_thread

Sunday, Nov. 14, 2010
Customer shoots robbery suspect in chest, 1 escapes
By ALAN RIQUELMY
Two suspects entered the Circle K, 25114 Manchester Expressway, at 1:44 p.m. One of them had a pistol, and he pointed it at the store’s employees, Lt. Ronald Hastings said.

“A customer who was in the store saw that,†the lieutenant said. “He was armed. The suspect turned toward him with the pistol, and the customer shot the armed suspect in the chest.â€

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
FlyboyLDB said:
RIA45 said:
Sadly for that is a career ending injury there is no workman's comp.
You and I will be supplying his workman's comp.
:righton: :righton: :righton: :righton: :righton:

sadly this is so true as we tax payers will have to pay for him to eat sleep and cloths etc etc

·
Under Scrutiny
19,386 Posts
If anyone sees any more info on this post it here.

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
This is how I'd love to see it go every time. These guys got what they deserved. But there was only one mistake... DOUBLE TAP!!!! ;)

A convenience store customer shot a suspect in the chest during what police said was an aborted robbery Saturday afternoon
it was aborted after the guy with the gun received 1 to the chest and fell to the ground. This journalist poorly worded the situation. It sorta makes it seem like they were aborting the robbery, the guy turned with the gun to leave and the customer shot him.. just my opinion anyways.

·
Registered
7,594 Posts
The suspect turned toward him with the pistol......
I had the impression the weapon was pointed in his direction.

·
Under Scrutiny
19,386 Posts
From the comments here no way to know if it's in fact the customer: http://www.wtvm.com/Global/story.asp?S=13501748#
notproudbutalive
I do not want any awards. I do not want any praise.

I do want people to stop using this as an opportunity to critize the Police. I understand what they are up against day in and day out now. I have a new found respect for the Police. Praise and award them instead.

I do want people to stop making light of it. Talking about how he should have died, complaining about taxes, and otherwise using this tragedy to support their personal agendas.

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
Had the bad guy not pointed his pistol at the armed customer, there's an excellent chance the customer would not have shot him. But, point a gun at someone who also has a gun and there's a pretty good chance you're gonna get shot.

I extend my sympathy to the customer. I suspect this is weighing more heavily on his conscience than killing the clerk or customers would have on the bad guy's. Assuming, he even has a conscience...

Unfortunately, the guy survived. After an expensive 100%-tax-payer-funded hospital stay, he'll be entitled to a 100%-tax-payer-funded public defender team to represent him at his 100%-tax-payer-funded trial, which will probably followed by a 100%-tax-payer-funded appeal of his 100%-tax-payer-funded stay in the state penitentiary.

All because the customer didn't double-tap..... :(

·
Under Scrutiny
19,386 Posts
Columbus police have decided not to charge a bystander for shooting an armed suspect last weekend inside a convenience store, saying the man acted in self-defense and thwarted a robbery.
But the customer, whose identity has not been released, did not have a carry license for the handgun he used to shoot Keith Antonio Campbell, and police have not ruled out charging him for that offense, Lt. Ronald Hastings said.
bold added
link

·
Registered
700 Posts
Before the police can charge him with carrying a concealed weapon without a permit, they must prove that he had concealed it and was not carrying it openly, such as in the waistband in the front of his trousers, which would be legal. they cannot prove it if they didn't see it, hm?
Nope, nope, nope. Sorry Howland Owl, they can charge him if it was carried openly. It's not a concealed weapons permit.
Have you [s:eek:kqlen4w]guys[/s:eek:kqlen4w] people taught me right?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts