Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Because I'm an idiot, I broke the stock on my new CZ 527 LH. I tried to glue it back, but it looks like somebody tried to glue it back together.

To make the best of the situation, I think this is finally my opportunity to have a rifle that fits me. As a southpaw, left eye dominant, I've always had to adjust to right hand rifles, and I'm tired of doing that. Any suggestions for stock fitters/installers in Metro Atlanta area or maybe within a days drive that can do this for me?

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
You could probably buy a stock online and change it out yourself!

It's not terribly difficult for most firearms. You would be surprised.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
True, but I've never really owned a custom rifle. This is my first rifle that I've bought that was left hand. I've always had to adjust to what was on the shelf, and what the manufacturers felt were the ideal measurements as far as length of pull, comb height, etc. At this point in my life, now that I'm retired, it's time for me to have something that fits me.

·
Registered
2,967 Posts
I don't know of any local people, but I had Mcmillan finish one of their prone stocks for an action with a V block that wasn't listed as being compatible. They ask for measurements and when I gave them, they said they it would work. I ordered one of their "flattop" stocks (crude unfinished hunk of fiberglass) from the 24hrcampfire shop....they had a deal at the time. I sent it off to MTguns and had them inlet it and then sent it to Mcmillan for painting and hardware installation. I didn't need to worry about length of pull since I had a 3 way butt installed, but they will take custom length of pull orders for their stocks. A lot of postage but not a whole lot of time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts