Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone knowing, please enlighten me.
I klnow Handguns are OK, anywhere with a CCW but not sure about long guns, loaded in the vehicle.\
Thanks, :righton:

·
Registered
15,974 Posts
An armed security guard CCW license is only valid while working or to and from work. That said, no license is needed to carry a shotgun in a car. :wink:

·
Banned
9,358 Posts
There is no CCW in Georgia. Georgia has a GFL. :screwy:

·
Registered
15,974 Posts
Savvy Jack said:
It does? :screwy:

·
I watch the watchers
12,883 Posts
GAGunOwner said:
Savvy Jack said:
Ya mean GWL, don'cha? 8)

But, to answer the poster's question.... the OCGA does not mention long-arms in relation to the GWL, do there is no law prohibition the carry of a loaded shotgun, (or rifle) in a vehicle.

·
Yukon Cornelius
11,724 Posts
Riverbend said:
anyone knowing, please enlighten me.
I klnow Handguns are OK, anywhere with a CCW but not sure about long guns, loaded in the vehicle.\
Thanks, :righton:
i believe some laws with the hunting stuff might come into play...

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Fallschirmjäger said:
GAGunOwner said:
[quote="Savvy Jack":irgnc8jl]There is no CCW in Georgia. Georgia has a GFL. :screwy:
Ya mean GWL, don'cha? 8)

But, to answer the poster's question.... the OCGA does not mention long-arms in relation to the GWL, do there is no law prohibition the carry of a loaded shotgun, (or rifle) in a vehicle.[/quote:irgnc8jl]

My Mistake,
GFL is correct, thanks for all the helpful answers but the link led me to nbelieve loaded has to be in open view, that sets you up for a smash & grab doesn't it, leaving the weapon in the hands of a perp.
Did I mis-interpret what I read in the link.
Thanks,

·
Registered
461 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong, but since it's a WEAPONS Carry License, someone can carry other weapons other than firearms also right?

·
Yukon Cornelius
11,724 Posts
COMMANDER1911 said:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but since it's a WEAPONS Carry License, someone can carry other weapons other than firearms also right?
knives over 5 inches, knives under 5 inches arent weapons(except in school zones)

·
Banned
9,358 Posts
Fallschirmjäger said:
GAGunOwner said:
[quote="Savvy Jack":316fjhjk]There is no CCW in Georgia. Georgia has a GFL. :screwy:
Ya mean GWL, don'cha? 8)

But, to answer the poster's question.... the OCGA does not mention long-arms in relation to the GWL, do there is no law prohibition the carry of a loaded shotgun, (or rifle) in a vehicle.[/quote:316fjhjk]

lol :oops:

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,110 Posts
16-11-126 says:

(a) Any person who is not prohibited by law from possessing a handgun or long gun may have or carry on his or her person a weapon or long gun on his or her property or inside his or her home, motor vehicle, or place of business without a valid weapons carry license.

(b) Any person who is not prohibited by law from possessing a handgun or long gun may have or carry on his or her person a long gun without a valid weapons carry license, provided that if the long gun is loaded, it shall only be carried in an open and fully exposed manner.

(c) Any person who is not prohibited by law from possessing a handgun or long gun may have or carry any handgun provided that it is enclosed in a case and unloaded.

(d) Any person who is not prohibited by law from possessing a handgun or long gun who is eligible for a weapons carry license may transport a handgun or long gun in any private passenger motor vehicle;
provided, however, that private property owners ... shall have the right to forbid possession ...except as provided in Code Section 16-11-135.

(e) Any person licensed to carry a handgun or weapon in any other state whose laws recognize ...

(f) Any person with a valid hunting or fishing license on his or her person, or any person not required by law to have a hunting or fishing license, who is engaged in legal hunting, fishing, or sport shooting when the person has the permission of the owner of the land on which the activities are being conducted may have or carry on his or her person a handgun or long gun without a valid weapons carry license while hunting, fishing, or engaging in sport shooting.

(g) ...a weapon .. [Note that "weapon" doesn't mean "long gun." ]

(h) (1) No person shall carry a weapon without a valid weapons carry license unless he or she meets one of the exceptions to having such license as provided in subsections (a) through (g) of this Code section.

[NOTE: Subsection "h" is the only part that creates a criminal offense, and it only creates it for "weapons" not a "long gun."]

·
Lawyer and Gun Activist
28,110 Posts
BUT KEEP IN MIND ALL THE "OFF LIMITS LOCATIONS" where guns are banned.

There are still some places off limits under what used to be the "public gathering" Code section, 16-11-127.

And the school zone law, 16-11-127.1

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
gunsmoker said:
16-11-126 says:

(a) Any person who is not prohibited by law from possessing a handgun or long gun may have or carry on his or her person a weapon or long gun on his or her property or inside his or her home, motor vehicle, or place of business without a valid weapons carry license. Loaded and concealed?

(b) Any person who is not prohibited by law from possessing a handgun or long gun may have or carry on his or her person a long gun without a valid weapons carry license, provided that if the long gun is loaded, it shall only be carried in an open and fully exposed manner.

(c) Any person who is not prohibited by law from possessing a handgun or long gun may have or carry any handgun provided that it is enclosed in a case and unloaded.

(d) Any person who is not prohibited by law from possessing a handgun or long gun who is eligible for a weapons carry license may transport a handgun or long gun in any private passenger motor vehicle; Loaded and concealed?
provided, however, that private property owners ... shall have the right to forbid possession ...except as provided in Code Section 16-11-135.

(e) Any person licensed to carry a handgun or weapon in any other state whose laws recognize ...

(f) Any person with a valid hunting or fishing license on his or her person, or any person not required by law to have a hunting or fishing license, who is engaged in legal hunting, fishing, or sport shooting when the person has the permission of the owner of the land on which the activities are being conducted may have or carry on his or her person a handgun or long gun without a valid weapons carry license while hunting, fishing, or engaging in sport shooting.

(g) ...a weapon .. [Note that "weapon" doesn't mean "long gun." ]

(h) (1) No person shall carry a weapon without a valid weapons carry license unless he or she meets one of the exceptions to having such license as provided in subsections (a) through (g) of this Code section.

[NOTE: Subsection "h" is the only part that creates a criminal offense, and it only creates it for "weapons" not a "long gun."]

·
Atlanta Overwatch
13,804 Posts
With the exception of subsection (b), loaded or unloaded / concealed or open makes no difference.

·
Senior Mumbler
6,434 Posts
Riverbend, if you're in your car, home, place of business or on your property and do not have a dis-qualifier for being able to posses and carry a gun, then loaded and concealed is fine.

Also note that if you don't have a GWL, then the Federal school safety zone comes into play and you may violate federal law by driving within so many feet of a school.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks, do have GFL, so all is well & good.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts