Cross-Breed Super Tucks IWB

Discussion in 'Holsters / Method of Carry' started by viper32cm, Sep 7, 2007.

1. viper32cm

viper32cm New Member

http://www.crossbreedholsters.com/

Fantastic IWB holster. It takes a while to mold to ones body, but once it does it 's incredibly comfortable. I have one for my Ruger SP101 and I can wear it with shorts, khakis, jeans, dress pants.

2. AV8R

AV8R Banned

MMDV - My mileage did vary. I have one for my XD40SC and it isn't comfortable at all. I also print easily with this holster no matter where or how I wear it. It is a pain in the O-ring to put on, too. I'm much happier with the cheapo Don Hume IWB. But, still looking for that magic IWB holster.

3. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

I love my 'Memphis' IWB holster for Tom at Southern Holsters.

4. AV8R

AV8R Banned

Checking out the site now. Worth a try at $60.00

5. GrimJack

GrimJack Active Member

Does Tom pay you for each plug you give him? That is how you can keep buying weapons :)

6. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

HHHmmmmm, That's not a bad idea.

7. JiG

JiG Awaiting censure

I guess the cross breed isn't for everyone. It works for me. I use it in my SOB. Any other position, i print with it.

Works good for me. Just for an example, i wore mine all day today. I travel long distances and it's not a pain in my back while driving. A 3 hour round trip didn't cause me any troubles. I washed two cars, waxed one of them, and sat and tooled around on the internet with it on around the house. Never felt the need to take it off.

I like how it doesn't collapse when the gun is drawn and it's easy to reholster. I also like that i can tuck it in with my work shirt and with a black belt, no one is the wiser.

It's a summer holster for me. Once it's jacket time, i will be switching to my galco miami classic.

8. AV8R

AV8R Banned

SOB, eh? I never thought of using it for that! Personally, I wouldn't carry SOB everyday, but if it offers somewhat deep concealment, it's worth a shot. Thanks for the tip.

9. JiG

JiG Awaiting censure

You're welcome. I hope it works for you.

The only thing i don't like about SOB is that if i have situation arise while i'm in the car... well, it's hard to get to.

I repair ATMs, so my need usually isn't for the car, but rather when i've got my head buried in an ATM safe trying to figure out what went wrong with the cash dispenser. A meth-head's dream come true... one small guy that looks vulnerable with thousands in cash ripe for the taking. 6 years now doing this and no problems, but if one does arise, that's what my .45 is for.

10. LeCZends

LeCZends Guest

I love the Crossbreed Holster I picked up for my CZ PCR, no problems with printing and very very comfortable. So comfortable I forgot I was carrying and walked into a building where that was a very bad thing. :shock:

11. LeCZends

LeCZends Guest

BTW I wear mine at about 2 o'clock without any printing or any problems with comfort. Have you guys tried adjusting the cant, or the jhooks vertically? I had to make a few adjustments before I found a comfortable configuration. I drive with my firearm holstered and the seatbelt on without making any adjustments and as far as removal, it takes all of 5 secs with the jhooks.

12. GunNut

GunNut New Member

On my quest for the perfect IWB holster, I ordered a CrossBreed. I received my Qwikclip model last week. I've only worn it for about 10 hrs total so far. My first impressions are good though. It is very comfortable, to the point that I really can't tell a difference between my glock 33 and my 19. (The holster fits both) Both conceal very well.

13. moga

moga New Member

GunNut and LeCZends:

How long was your wait for your crossbreed to arrive? I have one on order and would like a reasonable idea of when to expect it.

I plan on getting some custom leather afterward if I like IWB, but until I know for sure I don't want to tie up > $100 on a holster and several months wait only to find out that I don't like it. This way, if I don't like it, I'll just buy some OWB leather.

Until then, I'll just keep using Kydex. Or my thigh drop for in-house carry.

14. GunNut

GunNut New Member

It was about 3 weeks for mine if I remember correctly.

15. JiG

JiG Awaiting censure

Even though you didn't ask me, .... it was 3 weeks for me too.

16. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

So that's 4 in favor and 1 against? I've been looking for another IWB, since I want something that doesn't move around as much as my UCH, and this looks like a god option, but I would prefer C-clips. Do any of you know where I can get those separately?

17. JiG

JiG Awaiting censure

It comes with J hooks installed, but comes with C clips on the side should you choose to use them instead.

18. budder

The site disagrees with you. J-hooks are a $10 upgrade and you get the standard clips with it.

19. JiG

JiG Awaiting censure

They must have changed it.

I tell you what, i'll either send you mine or give em to you in person for free. The C-clips that is. I'm not giving up my J hooks

20. budder

That's mighty kind of you! I think I have to put in an order for a supertuck tomorrow...