Crime in Chicago vs. NYC

Discussion in 'Off-topic Political' started by RedDawnTheMusical, Nov 6, 2017.

1. RedDawnTheMusical

RedDawnTheMusical Well-Known Member

So in my seemingly daily wasted efforts to comment on blogs on more liberal parts of the internet, the Chicago vs. NYC gun violence comes up a lot. The liberals like to point out that gun owners point to Chicago having really strict gun laws and yet a lot of crime, but that Chicago has had to drop a lot of their restrictions due to federal courts and other bureaucracy (little things I guess, like 'constitutionality'). They like to assign cause and effect between dropping the gun restrictions and the rise in crime, as well as blame Indiana for 'law laws' (like not requiring a permit to buy a firearm, just like most states don't).

I actually found a good article that pretty much avoids this and looks at real issues:
    http://nymag.com/scienceofus/2016/07/why-is-new-york-so-much-safer-than-chicago.html

So, just some food for thought when you hear about the whole Chicago crime vs. guns issue....

2. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

Because of Decades of bad gun and other policies, the problem with Chicago is that they've attracted and produced such a thug culture, that thrives off selling illegal drugs, and shooting and killing rival gang members.