Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is your take on credit unions? I have had it with Wells Fargo already and I am looking for a new bank/credit union. Georgia's Own is the only one that I believe that I qualify to join right now. Do you know any others?
Thanks

·
Registered
7,717 Posts
Delta

if you have ever seen an airplane, you qualify

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
New2Atlanta said:
Delta

does Delta have any stake in it?

·
I may be slow, but I sure am ugly
1,221 Posts
Been with Georgia's Own since 1975. Great experience.

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
timbrubaker said:
how are they on auto loans?

·
Registered
308 Posts
Timely topic for my situation.

This week, I closed my 2 Georgia Federal-First Union-Wachovia-Wells Fargo accounts that I opened back in 1985. I was a Crown account: keep $4000 combined in the accounts and I get a laundry list of services fee-free in exchange. Over the past 6 months, one fee after another has been reinstated. The final straw was the $7 download-transaction-into-quicken fee that started in September. The $4000 minimum still applied, though, in order to avoid a $20/month maintenance fee.

I opened 2 Georgia's Own account the next day and I spent 2 months getting all the direct deposit, etc moved over from Wells Fargo.

I walked into Wells Fargo last Tuesday and closed the accounts. I don't know how many 25-year old accounts walk out the door but the account manager at the bank commented "Wow, we must have done something to upset you." Yes you did.

My 21-year old son is now looking at buying a car. He may move his account to Georgia's Own just for the car loan rates.

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
RickN said:
Timely topic for my situation.

This week, I closed my 2 Georgia Federal-First Union-Wachovia-Wells Fargo accounts that I opened back in 1985. I was a Crown account: keep $4000 combined in the accounts and I get a laundry list of services fee-free in exchange. Over the past 6 months, one fee after another has been reinstated. The final straw was the $7 download-transaction-into-quicken fee that started in September. The $4000 minimum still applied, though, in order to avoid a $20/month maintenance fee.

I opened 2 Georgia's Own account the next day and I spent 2 months getting all the direct deposit, etc moved over from Wells Fargo.

I walked into Wells Fargo last Tuesday and closed the accounts. I don't know how many 25-year old accounts walk out the door but the account manager at the bank commented "Wow, we must have done something to upset you." Yes you did.

My 21-year old son is now looking at buying a car. He may move his account to Georgia's Own just for the car loan rates.
I am 22 and in need of a car loan but wells has ruined Wachovia

·
Custom User Title
1,663 Posts
New2Atlanta said:
Delta

Delta has a sign that says no firearms...I wish I had seen that before I got my truck loan.

·
I may be slow, but I sure am ugly
1,221 Posts
a_springfield said:
timbrubaker said:
how are they on auto loans?
Haven't had a car loan with them, but they're great on mortages, and I've OC'd in the Conyers branch numerous times in the past year.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Ditto here guys. We went with Lockheed here and am currently in the process of getting all the stuff swapped over. I must say that Lockheed's rates were much better than Wachovia/Wells. One main draw was the high rate checking which is a 3.5% interest rate with no minimum amount. We normally put a pretty good amount in there and that rate is good to $25,000 so we are taking advantage of that. Plus we moved our savings over and got a better rate on that also. I have a friend that is pulling his money out of his CD's since they dropped the rates on him and splitting them into a couple of high rate accounts for the interest. Credit unions are definitely where it's at, and it's funny that so many old timers were right. Big banking is for the birds, before long we'll be back to pawn shops as the main creditor and the bartering system if things keep up.

·
Registered
15,974 Posts
BattleSausage said:
Ditto here guys. We went with Lockheed here and am currently in the process of getting all the stuff swapped over. I must say that Lockheed's rates were much better than Wachovia/Wells. One main draw was the high rate checking which is a 3.5% interest rate with no minimum amount. We normally put a pretty good amount in there and that rate is good to $25,000 so we are taking advantage of that. Plus we moved our savings over and got a better rate on that also. I have a friend that is pulling his money out of his CD's since they dropped the rates on him and splitting them into a couple of high rate accounts for the interest. Credit unions are definitely where it's at, and it's funny that so many old timers were right. Big banking is for the birds, before long we'll be back to pawn shops as the main creditor and the bartering system if things keep up.
I'm with LGE too and love it. I do the high-rate checking too.

I've never seen a no-guns sign at a location that I can remember.

·
Registered
897 Posts
+1 for Georgia's Own

i have had an account with them since i was born (24 years) and they are great. they have never said anything to me the few times i did OC in there and the tellers know me by name.
I never got that with wachovia and sure dont expect to get that from Wells Fargo now. The only reason i keep my account with Wells Fargo now is just because i have a totally free account that doesnt cost me anything to keep open.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts