Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

Crapping in other folks threads

3K views 48 replies 30 participants last post by  Suburbbus 
#1 ·
Hope this place isn't going to turn into the old GON forum, lately I have seen and been subject to folks coming in and crapping all over sale adds for no good reason.

Is it really so hard for folks to mind their own buisness or at least PM their issue to the OP?

I don't really mind the worthless with out pics thing or posting questions, etc. But whay run your mouth about other peoples adds. If you don't like it, MOVE ON.

Enough Said.

DAN

#3 ·
Adam5 said:
Have you used the report button to report anyone that did this?

The mods don't look at every thread on here and can't do anything without knowing that it's happening.
I have tried the direct route with the subject I have had recent issue with, there appears to be a pattern with this individual. If it were more blatent, then I would report.

just thought I would call attention to the what I see as a deteriorating lack or courtesy in the sale adds here and hope to help maintain the collegial environment I have enjoyed here in the past.

#5 ·
higabyte said:
good call on editing your post dan, that was a little uncalled for... just saying.
If the previous unedited post was seen by others, please excuse as a drfat. The comment I edited out was not aimed at anyone posting here, unfortunatley I didn't realize the way it appeared untill I posted. It was statement aimed at teh subject with whom I have issue in my threads. My sincere apolgies.

DAN

#11 ·
I haven't pinched a loaf in anyone's for-sale-thread in over a year, so it wasn't me. When I did, it was for people trying to take advantage of others during the ammo "shortage."

However, what's up with the folks who try to sell used stuff here for more than the new cost? A seller may love his gun, but not enough to keep it, apparently. Why waste bandwidth posting a trade value or price without checking around the new prices at gunstores and websites?

Here is one non-specific example: I just acquired a brand-spanking new PF9, wallet brown, for $247.17, delivered. I could have had it for less if I didn't mind waiting indefinitely. Just because someone paid over $300 for the same gun and decides they don't want to keep it, please don't treat others as rhubarbs in the selling price. If you're selling a used item, may I recommend a used price will attract interest?

Caveat emptor is one thing. Taking advantage of fellow 2A advocates is quite another.

#13 ·
Hock25 said:
I haven't pinched a loaf in anyone's for-sale-thread in over a year, so it wasn't me. When I did, it was for people trying to take advantage of others during the ammo "shortage."

However, what's up with the folks who try to sell used stuff here for more than the new cost? A seller may love his gun, but not enough to keep it, apparently. Why waste bandwidth posting a trade value or price without checking around the new prices at gunstores and websites?

Here is one non-specific example: I just acquired a brand-spanking new PF9, wallet brown, for $247.17, delivered. I could have had it for less if I didn't mind waiting indefinitely. Just because someone paid over $300 for the same gun and decides they don't want to keep it, please don't treat others as rhubarbs in the selling price. If you're selling a used item, may I recommend a used price will attract interest?

Caveat emptor is one thing. Taking advantage of fellow 2A advocates is quite another.
I roll my eyes at times over some of the prices people want for used guns.

#15 ·
budone1967 said:
Hock25 said:

I roll my eyes at times over some of the prices people want for used guns.
All it means is that they like their gun more than you do and they really don't want to sell it. :wink: Another explanation could be that they are trying to counter the low-ballers that are out there. There's always someone that will throw an offer that is maybe 60-70% of fair market value* out there. If someone is desperate to sell, they might just take that low offer. There's really no good reason to get chafed over any of them. If its priced too high and you want it, just let the seller sit on it for a while and maybe they'll become more motivated to sell or just send a PM with your best offer and how long that offer stands valid. Also some people are willing to pay more for something on a private forum like this for various reasons... like no sales tax, no transfer fees, no paperwork or whatever. There are also some people don't do pricing research and just assume/think the asking price is fair for what is being sold. If they can live with that, so be it.

* I derive fair market value from what similar items are selling for (completed auctions) in the public arena. ie: gunbroker, gunsamerica, auctionarms, and the other GA gun forums. The forums aren't always a good indicator because there may be some final negotiations behind the scene to which the public is not privy.

#23 ·
DJGibb said:
Or the people who fire a pistol 500 rounds and think its a good deal to sell it for $10 less than MSRP.

:screwy:
100% AGREE!!

#25 ·
1.3 - No Bashing: If someone is selling/trading/buying a product for more than it's worth or you don't like the price or the firearm itself, don't bash their thread or products. Feel free to PM/Email the seller/trader/buyer to inform them of such and why, but don't take-over the thread.

#26 ·
1.3 - No Bashing: If someone is selling/trading/buying a product for more than it's worth or you don't like the price or the firearm itself, don't bash their thread or products. Feel free to PM/Email the seller/trader/buyer to inform them of such and why, but don't take-over the thread.
Sure, there are frequent examples of people asking for more than their product might be worth. "Asking" is one thing.....selling is another. There's really no need (and it's against the rules here) to chime in to point out anyone's pricing decisions. If someone overpays, it's because they didn't take the time or effort to do their homework. So be it!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.