Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,725 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just announced on Fox News, Ron Paul came out on top at 30%! Romney got 23%.

That's GREAT news for Ron! Woo Hoo! :cheers: :woohoo:

·
Registered
943 Posts
I hope he gets both the nod at the GOP convention,and then win in the General Election in 2012. We need somebody like Ron Paul to save this Republic and the Constitution

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Hm, how did he do in all the straw polls last time around? Yeah...and how did that turn out?

·
Registered
948 Posts
I think most of the country is more receptive to his message this time around. I hope the media gives him some spotlight this run.

·
Registered
4,148 Posts
Sarah Palin has bigger testicles.

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
If Ron Paul had Mitt Romney's looks he'd win in a landslide. His beliefs and message are spot on, but he has neither the looks nor voice that sells via TV.....and I hate that. If the people in our country would LISTEN to Ron Paul they'd vote for him. His son is pretty sharp, too.
Has anyone paid attention to the FLA Rep, Col. Allen West? I could vote for him in a heartbeat. Check him out on YouTube.

Sarah Palin is a babe..... :love:

·
Banned
6,624 Posts
The poo-pooing of Ron Paul has already begun...

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/02 ... latestnews
Paul's consecutive victories in the straw poll have frustrated many GOP faithful who would rather see a more credible contender win. A CPAC official told Fox News that the big story is not Paul winning again but rather the strength of Romney's second-place finish.
That's right... It's not about Ron Paul winning, it's about the huge "victory" of Romney coming in second. :roll: If Mit gets the nod and becomes the darling of the right, then whoever is running on the left has a decent chance to win. I will be voting for NEITHER.

·
انا باتمان
11,745 Posts
Do you really think Ron Paul would have a realistic shot against Obama if he got the nomination?

·
انا باتمان
11,745 Posts
No if he gets the Republican nomination, he would have a shot at winning. My question is do you think he could win? Would the Republican hierarchy support him? Would the media demonize him?

·
Banned
6,624 Posts
bdee said:
No if he gets the Republican nomination, he would have a shot at winning. My question is do you think he could win? Would the Republican hierarchy support him? Would the media demonize him?
Yes, no, and yes.

·
انا باتمان
11,745 Posts
I think without party support and he gets the basic Palin treatment, most of the sheep will decide Obama is the lesser of two evils.

·
Banned
6,624 Posts
bdee said:
I think without party support and he gets the basic Palin treatment, most of the sheep will decide Obama is the lesser of two evils.
I don't see Ron Paul as an evil. Probably the only candidate that I can say that about.

·
Registered
6,548 Posts
Many here would vote for RP, but even with GOP support I still think your average person would vote for Obama over Paul. It wouldn't even matter about the issues and message at that point, Obama is younger, better looking, and a better debater. Sadly, those are the traits that make a president now.

·
Banned
6,624 Posts
dcannon1 said:
Many here would vote for RP, but even with GOP support I still think your average person would vote for Obama over Paul. It wouldn't even matter about the issues and message at that point, Obama is younger, better looking, and a better debater. Sadly, those are the traits that make a president now.
None of this has any effect on my vote.

·
انا باتمان
11,745 Posts
Not saying he is evil. I am saying that the media would demonize him, and therefore portrayed as evil, thus compared to Obama as the lesser of the two.

The second thing is, I know it wouldn't affect your vote. But does that mean he's electable, no? Just not sure he could be packaged to the average voter in a way that he could get more than 42-45% of the popular vote.

If this was strictly about ideology, maybe he has a shot. Sadly it is about more than that.

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts
That's great, I would really like to see Ron Paul as president.

One of my fears is that the Republican party will just simply not support him. He is the opposite of the establishment of NeoCons and established Republican system.

At this point, he is really anti-Republican. If you listen to what he says and how he conducts himself, he is in all facts a Libertarian who has been elected as a Republican.

The media will destroy him and spit him out. He will probably get very passionate during debates again, and not be as smooth is old Obama or Romney during debates. He is easily flustered. Something that I don't mind at all, but the majority of people have a problem with. Any person running the debates will also try to ask him question to get him flustered and to get him off of what he really wants to talk about. He's just not very smooth, and doesn't know how to deflect tough questions like Obama and Romney.

They will try to paint him as racist, because years ago, some aid of his wrote some Ron Paul articles that had that tone, and everyone says he wrote them. He's made his disdain for racist well known for a long time, because he is of course all about freedom for everyone, but they are going to try and pull that as well.

There are a few other problems that I see, but basically, no media, not even FoxNews will really support him. Watch the narrative. CNN, MSNBC, NBC, and the rest will simply destroy him, a lot like they did to Sarah Palin.

He isn't a NeoCon so I really see no possibility of him even getting to run against Obama, just like in the past.

I will be praying and hoping that America will wake up and vote Ron Paul president, but at the same time, I know how many sheep there are in America right now, so I will not give the chances of it very high.

If he does win, it will give me a little bit of hope in this country, that we may actually turn back the clock on freedom, economically and socially.

If not, we see the the establishment is still in full swing, and the American people are not ready, if ever, for real freedom and turning back the clock on big government.

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,896 Posts
bdee said:
Not saying he is evil. I am saying that the media would demonize him, and therefore portrayed as evil, thus compared to Obama as the lesser of the two.

The second thing is, I know it wouldn't affect your vote. But does that mean he's electable, no? Just not sure he could be packaged to the average voter in a way that he could get more than 42-45% of the popular vote.

If this was strictly about ideology, maybe he has a shot. Sadly it is about more than that.
I agree with you bdee, and its really a shame. IF Paul wins the presidency, it will give me hope again in this country. However, I feel the establishment and mix that with the way the American people have become, and all things point to him not winning.

While I say that, I will also be praying for him, praying for our country, and praying that he wins. America needs at least one good president in the past 200+ years. I'm going to be honest, if elected, he could just be one of the best presidents ever, in my opinion better than some of the founding fathers. Every president makes mistakes, and I must conceded that he will make some too if elected. At the same time, I think he mistakes would be small. You cannot go wrong with a man that believes in economic and social freedom for everyone. And becoming more isolationist.

·
انا باتمان
11,745 Posts
One possible scenario I see happening. Romney gets the nomination. Paul says there is no real choice if it's between him and Obama and decides to run as a Libertarian. There is a split vote and Obama gets four more years. NeoCons say it is a conspiracy like with Perot. The NeoCons then get more powerful in the Republican party.

But I am just as confidant of true democracy in this country as I am for Egypt.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts