Coweta County Fair

Discussion in 'Places Off-Limits' started by mdlott, Oct 4, 2010.

1. mdlott

mdlott Member

I've used the search function, and it appears as if carry is allowed at some county fairs. I'll be taking my daughter to the Coweta Fair tonite, and just noticed that the Fairgrounds are owned by the county. Does this fact make it illegal for me to carry there? (With a GWL, of course) MP, you out there???? I know you also live in my lovely county.

2. rmodel65

rmodel65 Yukon Cornelius

it is 100% legal to carry to a fair

3. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

Read the definition of a government building in OCGA 16-11-127. Does the county fair meet that definition?

4. rmodel65

rmodel65 Yukon Cornelius

last time i went to a fair it was outside :shattered:

5. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

My point exactly!

6. mdlott

mdlott Member

Understood, but there are "buildings" on the County Fairground Property that house exhibits, etc. Just trying to be thorough here. :righton:

7. rmodel65

rmodel65 Yukon Cornelius

i doubt any entity meets there but i dunno never been to the fair there

8. GotUrBack

GotUrBack New Member

A little off shoot of the OP's question. I have been asked to judge the Coweta Cattlemen's steak cooking contest this coming Saturday night. It is held in the Ag Building. Is that off limits?

Maybe I should call Senator Seabaugh and see what he thinks. :lol:

Or better yet, Sheriff Yeager! :lol:

9. mdlott

mdlott Member

Are you trying to worry me now???? I thought I had this figured out......... :oops:

10. GotUrBack

GotUrBack New Member

The building I am referring to could be referred to as an office building and not one of the fairground buildings. However, as for as government meetings going on in there, I just don't know.

11. mdlott

mdlott Member

Sooooo, do you plan to carry when judging the bovine slabs????? It appears as if this is not as cut and dry as one would think.

12. GotUrBack

GotUrBack New Member

I am in the process of researching the answer to your question at the present time. I will let you know before I go if I plan to carry.... or after I return if I did.

13. mdlott

mdlott Member

That means I should probably leave it at home, I guess. I hate feeling nekkid, but better that than the loss of my license.....

14. GotUrBack

GotUrBack New Member

The parking lots are not off limits, if you don't mind leaving it in the car.

15. mdlott

mdlott Member

Good suggestion, and I think I shall. Thanks for all of your help.

16. rmodel65

rmodel65 Yukon Cornelius

i would lol http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQMbXvn2RNI

17. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

His opinion on this doesn't really matter too much on this subject anymore, at this point.

18. freeman101

freeman101 New Member

I went Thursday night. CC, printing somewhat. LEO every where no one said nothing. Just carry on about your business.

19. mdlott

mdlott Member

*Update*

As planned, I left it in the car. After walking around OUTSIDE, it did not appear as if anyone would have noticed anyway. Still unsure about the "buildings", but I'm sure I would have been OK outside. Please update us Jerry if you come to a definitive answer regarded the legality issue. Thanks

20. jreXD9

jreXD9 Active Member

my advice was going to be 1 word.......CONCEAL.