Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've used the search function, and it appears as if carry is allowed at some county fairs. I'll be taking my daughter to the Coweta Fair tonite, and just noticed that the Fairgrounds are owned by the county. Does this fact make it illegal for me to carry there? (With a GWL, of course) MP, you out there???? I know you also live in my lovely county.

·
Atlanta Overwatch
13,888 Posts
Read the definition of a government building in OCGA 16-11-127. Does the county fair meet that definition?

·
Yukon Cornelius
11,767 Posts
Adam5 said:
Read the definition of a government building in OCGA 16-11-127. Does the county fair meet that definition?
last time i went to a fair it was outside :shattered:

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
rmodel65 said:
Adam5 said:
Understood, but there are "buildings" on the County Fairground Property that house exhibits, etc. Just trying to be thorough here. :righton:

·
Yukon Cornelius
11,767 Posts
mdlott said:
rmodel65 said:
Adam5 said:
Understood, but there are "buildings" on the County Fairground Property that house exhibits, etc. Just trying to be thorough here. :righton:
i doubt any entity meets there but i dunno never been to the fair there

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
A little off shoot of the OP's question. I have been asked to judge the Coweta Cattlemen's steak cooking contest this coming Saturday night. It is held in the Ag Building. Is that off limits?

Maybe I should call Senator Seabaugh and see what he thinks. :lol:

Or better yet, Sheriff Yeager! :lol:

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
GotUrBack said:
A little off shoot of the OP's question. I have been asked to judge the Coweta Cattlemen's steak cooking contest this coming Saturday night. It is held in the Ag Building. Is that off limits?

Are you trying to worry me now???? I thought I had this figured out......... :oops:

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
mdlott said:
GotUrBack said:

Are you trying to worry me now???? I thought I had this figured out......... :oops:
The building I am referring to could be referred to as an office building and not one of the fairground buildings. However, as for as government meetings going on in there, I just don't know.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
GotUrBack said:
mdlott said:
GotUrBack said:

The building I am referring to could be referred to as an office building and not one of the fairground buildings. However, as for as government meetings going on in there, I just don't know.
Sooooo, do you plan to carry when judging the bovine slabs????? It appears as if this is not as cut and dry as one would think.

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
I am in the process of researching the answer to your question at the present time. I will let you know before I go if I plan to carry.... or after I return if I did.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
GotUrBack said:
I am in the process of researching the answer to your question at the present time. I will let you know before I go if I plan to carry.... or after I return if I did.
That means I should probably leave it at home, I guess. I hate feeling nekkid, but better that than the loss of my license.....

·
Registered
5,585 Posts
The parking lots are not off limits, if you don't mind leaving it in the car.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
GotUrBack said:
The parking lots are not off limits, if you don't mind leaving it in the car.
Good suggestion, and I think I shall. Thanks for all of your help.

·
Yukon Cornelius
11,767 Posts
mdlott said:
GotUrBack said:
mdlott said:
GotUrBack said:

Sooooo, do you plan to carry when judging the bovine slabs????? It appears as if this is not as cut and dry as one would think.
i would lol

·
Registered
15,974 Posts
GotUrBack said:
His opinion on this doesn't really matter too much on this subject anymore, at this point.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I went Thursday night. CC, printing somewhat. LEO every where no one said nothing. Just carry on about your business.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
*Update*

As planned, I left it in the car. After walking around OUTSIDE, it did not appear as if anyone would have noticed anyway. Still unsure about the "buildings", but I'm sure I would have been OK outside. Please update us Jerry if you come to a definitive answer regarded the legality issue. Thanks

·
Registered
1,411 Posts
my advice was going to be 1 word.......CONCEAL.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts