Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

121 - 140 of 236 Posts

·
Registered
14,555 Posts
I just dont understand why herd immunity and antibody testing are off the table.

It should be a matter of both not just pushing everyone to get a vaccine.
M O N E Y for one thing. For another, neither ensures the potential hidden (or not so hidden) agendas of population and people control by those "better" than us.

·
Registered
14,555 Posts
"Vaccination is critical to stopping the spread of COVID and decreasing the number of variants that emerge," Nydam said. "People who are unvaccinated or skip their second dose of vaccine, are targets for infection."
Vaccinations don't stop the spread of the annual flu and every year there's a new mutation of it. Yet the world doesn't come to a nearly full stop with petty tyrants spewing forth asinine directives ruining peoples lives and livelihoods. And no one is attempting to force me to inject my body with something I don't want.

And it appears this past flu season was basically nonexistent. How many of those coronavirus cases were actually misdiagnosed flu cases I wonder?

·
Registered
14,555 Posts
Issues with the heart are not good. No matter what the recovery rate is.

·
Registered
8,493 Posts
And it appears this past flu season was basically nonexistent. How many of those coronavirus cases were actually misdiagnosed flu cases I wonder?
Sounds like masks, social distancing, and isolation work better than herd immunity.

·
Registered
8,493 Posts
Issues with the heart are not good. No matter what the recovery rate is.

You’re advocating for the vaccine awfully hard here!

·
68,961 Posts
If this post was in response to my post right above, then 3-4 deaths per day is nowhere near the 7 day moving average we are at now. For the past month or so the 7 day moving average is hovering around 15-20. That is a lot better than before the vaccine and i contribute this drop off to the vaccine, i just don't see us down in that range yet.
Ah, well, that explains it. There are two differences in how you and I are using that same source. I was not posting the 7 day moving average. You were. I was using actual daily deaths, not averaging them in from a week prior. We haven't had 15 actual deaths in a day since May 22, almost 3 weeks ago.

By clicking around a little, it also occurs to me that you are using the date of report, rather than the date of death. Otherwise you would not be claiming 15-20 even on the 7 day moving average. Change it to date of death, and you will see the difference immediately.

If some guy dies on May 22, I don't really care about the date they later reported it. I care about when he died. Right?

Anyway, it was 5 deaths a day for several days, dropping into the 14 day window it drops down a lot, but we won't use those numbers until later, as they may change (even though several days in the last two weeks have 0 reported deaths so far).

·
68,961 Posts
I just dont understand why herd immunity and antibody testing are off the table.

It should be a matter of both not just pushing everyone to get a vaccine.
atlrs44, I don't understand your comment. Isn't herd immunity a combination of infected and vaccinated reaching a certain number?

And what is your point about antibody testing and it being "off the table?"

·
68,961 Posts
As it should be in a free society, no? I don't recall anyone trying to forcibly inject me during the annual flu seasons.
I don't remember anybody trying to forcibly inject you during SARS-CoV- 2 season, either, but then I have not been following you around 24/7, so I suppose it could have happened when I was not around. Sounds like an exciting and interesting story you should share, though. How did you escape?

·
68,961 Posts
I love such cogent posts that basically provide evidence and leave it to the reader to draw a conclusion. I am saddened, however, to think that most who are actually reading this thread are incapable of actually reading the evidence you present, much less analyzing it or permitting it any effect upon their "conclusions" (a fancy word for preconceived notions).

Folks will continue merely to sift everything for "Hey! This supports my preconceived notion!" in which case it is uncritically accepted, or "Boo! This might cause me the tiniest doubt about my preconceived notion," in which case the evidence is never examined and dismissed.

·
Registered
8,493 Posts
I love such cogent posts that basically provide evidence and leave it to the reader to draw a conclusion. I am saddened, however, to think that most who are actually reading this thread are incapable of actually reading the evidence you present, much less analyzing it or permitting it any effect upon their "conclusions" (a fancy word for preconceived notions).

Folks will continue merely to sift everything for "Hey! This supports my preconceived notion!" in which case it is uncritically accepted, or "Boo! This might cause me the tiniest doubt about my preconceived notion," in which case the evidence is never examined and dismissed.
I am struggling with the over-politicization (I’m being kind, it’s more extreme polarization) of what most other times of my existence would have been termed “scientific facts” or at the very least “points of meaningful dialog”. I keep coming back to the “why” behind it and wind up reading stuff like this at 3 in the morning:
If you ever want asymmetrical warfare on a budget, apparently all you need to do is troll a free speech culture that is faster to repost crap than question it. My $0.02 for what it’s worth.

·
Registered
7,683 Posts
Good use of masks reduced the flu virus infections to almost zero. But not so much for the C-19 ? Weird.

·
68,961 Posts
Good use of masks reduced the flu virus infections to almost zero. But not so much for the C-19 ? Weird.
Serious question to which I do not know the answer, how many persons were tested for the flu since SARS-CoV- 2 has been a public concern for Americans?

·
Registered
3,542 Posts
atlrs44, I don't understand your comment. Isn't herd immunity a combination of infected and vaccinated reaching a certain number?

And what is your point about antibody testing and it being "off the table?"
Agreed. My comment was that its being pushed that we will only reach herd immunity via vaccine. Being infected and developing antibodies is no longer a consideration.

·
Registered
14,555 Posts
I don't remember anybody trying to forcibly inject you during SARS-CoV- 2 season, either, but then I have not been following you around 24/7, so I suppose it could have happened when I was not around. Sounds like an exciting and interesting story you should share, though. How did you escape?
A combination of stealthiness and dark sunglasses. However, I'm not at liberty to divulge any specific tactics. :cool:

·
Registered
14,555 Posts
No, I'm not advocating for the vaccine. Nice try but you're way off base. The article you linked was from September 3, 2020, over nine months ago. It's obvious that the people experiencing heart damage at that time (and earlier) were the prime demographic of older folks, some hospitalized, some not hospitalized. Some of them already had some cardiovascular complications, some did not. The article mentioned nothing about the coronavirus vaccine since it hadn't even been fully developed at that time.

The article I linked is from yesterday and concerns the onset of myocarditis in young men (avg age 24) after receiving their second dose of the Pfizer/BioNTech and Moderna vaccines. This would be the April/May 2021 time frame. Strangely, this heart inflammation doesn't seem to be affecting young women.

·
Registered
14,555 Posts
James Kunstler struggling to understand "The Science."

Except [the vaccines] have not gone through the years-long trials usually required by the FDA. By spring of 2021, evidence emerges that the spike protein may have some toxic properties of its own. Uh-oh. It seems to interfere with women’s reproductive functions; it attacks the epithelial lining of blood vessels; it appears to induce blood clotting that can lead to strokes and infarctions; it can produce neurological disorders; it gets into other organs and messes with them…. Yikes!
Now it turns out that scores of “vaccinated” young people are showing up with inflammation of the heart muscle (myocarditis), otherwise extremely rare in that demographic. Say what, plus huh, plus WTF?

·
Registered
14,555 Posts
That's cause young women are heartless. How did you get to your age without figuring this out?
I think I have your wife's email around here somewhere......... :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
8,493 Posts
No, I'm not advocating for the vaccine. Nice try but you're way off base. The article you linked was from September 3, 2020, over nine months ago. It's obvious that the people experiencing heart damage at that time (and earlier) were the prime demographic of older folks, some hospitalized, some not hospitalized. Some of them already had some cardiovascular complications, some did not. The article mentioned nothing about the coronavirus vaccine since it hadn't even been fully developed at that time.

The article I linked is from yesterday and concerns the onset of myocarditis in young men (avg age 24) after receiving their second dose of the Pfizer/BioNTech and Moderna vaccines. This would be the April/May 2021 time frame. Strangely, this heart inflammation doesn't seem to be affecting young women.
So on the one hand you post up 283 mild heart inflammations which fully recovered out of a sample pool of tens of millions vs my posting about the 60% chance of long term chronic heart problems from inflammation caused by COVID. This is a 60% chance permanent damage without vaccine vs 0.00283%* chance of fully recoverable with the vaccine. Am I misunderstanding something here? Am I misstating something?

To make this relatable on similar orders of magnitude, I carry to mitigate a 54% chance of being the victim of a violent crime in my lifetime but I don’t walk around in a high voltage suit with a lightning rod because being struck by lightning is on par with the chance of incurring fully recoverable side effects as you posted. Would it be absurd of me to run around warning people to stop carrying for self defense “because metal can attract lightning!”?

Sorry, completely unrelated but I’m amused Sprouts is advertising here. My recollection is that they have a chain-wide anti-carry stance.

*Update with numbers from MP’s link: 0.000174% chance. That’s another order of magnitude less likely with 226 out of 130,000,000.

121 - 140 of 236 Posts