Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

21 - 40 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
So you're concerned about the (unknown) long-term impacts of MRNA vaccines. Okay. But what are the long-term impacts of COVID to your body? I totally support everyone making their own decision, but you should weigh the risks on both sides of the equation, both short and long-term.
It's a fair question, and yet another question that nobody has an answer to at the present. As we discover more in the future, I might decide that the risk/reward calculus warrants receiving an mRNA therapy. But given that you can't un-take such therapies, I'm erring on the side of not having one now, but I won't preclude the possibility in the future.

Regarding the impact of COVID to the body? Well, an mRNA inoculation (like any other) that has created appropriate antibodies for a victim's system to commence an effective and immediate immune response isn't keeping SARS-COVID-19 out of your body, so any long-term effects from the infection could be every bit as bad whether you've had the inoculation or not. Again, we lack sufficient information to know for sure. We do know that (independent of the cause) undergoing a full cytokine storm can result in a number of long-term medical problems, so your point is valid.

Aside from that, we don't know what an all-out COVID infection does to us. But we have individuals who have recovered, and we'll be able to get a relatively good idea of what we can expect within a few years. We also don't know what a COVID inoculation does to us (with or without subsequent exposure to COVID), but I'm sure we'll also get a relatively good idea about that too within a few years.

So for my part, at the moment, I'm taking a wait-and-see approach.

·
Registered
171 Posts
One other thought, only tangentially associated with epidemiology.

What plans do politicians have for individuals who have survived a full-blown COVID infection and have recovered? Their immune systems will now carry antibodies to combat future infections of (at least) that variant of COVID. They should have a similar level of immunity to a subsequent infection from the same/similar COVID variants. Do they get some paperwork to show people that they're "safe" when they're challenged by whoever is going to inspect these 'passports'?

If not, why not?

E.

Reactions: Schweisshund

·
Registered
14,163 Posts
One other thought, only tangentially associated with epidemiology.

What plans do politicians have for individuals who have survived a full-blown COVID infection and have recovered? Their immune systems will now carry antibodies to combat future infections of (at least) that variant of COVID. They should have a similar level of immunity to a subsequent infection from the same/similar COVID variants. Do they get some paperwork to show people that they're "safe" when they're challenged by whoever is going to inspect these 'passports'?

If not, why not?

E.
Do we really want to go there?

Ihre Papiere bitte

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
Good related read.

·
Registered
8,432 Posts
One can live in a population density of 1 person per square mile with a 1% per month population turnover and take their own liberties in the act of fecal disposal with practically zero chance of killing or sickening another human. This luxury does not exist at a population density of 10,000 people per square mile. The same principle applies to exposure, infection, quarantine, vaccinations, and herd immunity.

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,755 Posts
So forced masking, forced vaccinations, forced passport for any travel outside your neighborhood, forced passport to enter businesses, forced business closings, forced church closings, forced ban on family gatherings at your own home, are all good then? That is, if you happen to live in a population dense area. Such power must give those who have it quite a head rush. Where can I get some of it?

And herd immunity is a pipe dream. Is there herd immunity for common flu viruses? No. Too many variants. And aren't we hearing that new variants are occurring with COVID? This is never going away. Quite a boon for those in power, no?

One can live in a population density of 1 person per square mile with a 1% per month population turnover and take their own liberties in the act of fecal disposal with practically zero chance of killing or sickening another human. This luxury does not exist at a population density of 10,000 people per square mile. The same principle applies to exposure, infection, quarantine, vaccinations, and herd immunity.

·
Registered
3,659 Posts
This from a well respected outfit especially in fly over country.
From Link.
"Over time, if not enough people are protected, highly contagious variants may develop that can break through vaccine protection, land people in the hospital and put them at risk of death.
“That’s the nightmare scenario,” said Jeffrey Shaman, an epidemiologist at Columbia University".

Think of where and to what that hypothetical scenario may lead us. Mandated vaccines? Sorry but for many there is no trust or confidence left not only in the government but the medical experts and all they entail. We have no leadership either at the federal or state level to lead people out of the darkness as it were. Nor does it help when people express an opinion only to be ridiculed about their lack of intelligence about the subject and the need for remedial education. More often than not it is painfully obvious that those doing the ridiculing have no more knowledge on the subject than their victims. It's a mess all the way around and Phil1979 is correct it's never going away.

Reactions: Phil1979

·
Registered
747 Posts
We had several people sent home today because they had been around someone last Thursday who's sick now. The crazy part is that one of those sent home has had the china virus and has also had both doses of the vaccine.

·
PITA
252 Posts
We need a new acronym, to go along with BOHICA.

BOHCSM. Bend over; here comes some more. We keep getting screwed, without the benefit of a kiss or a reacharound. By people in power who are getting their rocks off.

I don't trust the government. At all. I have little-to-no trust in Big Pharma. I have an incredibly strong immune system. I haven't had a common cold in well over 10 years. I haven't had the flu in well over 20, despite no flu shot. I figure that if I do contract COVID (if I haven't already), I may feel a little rough for a few days, and might need to just take it easy for those few days. I will not even seek any medical attention at all (including the test), in that case. For all of these reasons, I refuse to get the vaccination, since the vaccination may quite possibly do bad things to me (the unknown, unproven shit, as of yet). Hell, in 5 years, the only people still alive or ones without penises or toes growing out of their foreheads may be the ones who refrained from the vaccination. Nobody knows.

But I do understand those who are at high risk of death, because of whatever physical condition they might have, getting the vaccine. I still question their faith and trust in the government, Big Pharma and vaccine itself, though. It's a gamble they either don't see, or are willing to take.

·
68,665 Posts
Nothing in quite some time in this thread having anything to do with the thread topic . . . :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
8,432 Posts
So forced masking, forced vaccinations, forced passport for any travel outside your neighborhood, forced passport to enter businesses, forced business closings, forced church closings, forced ban on family gatherings at your own home, are all good then? That is, if you happen to live in a population dense area. Such power must give those who have it quite a head rush. Where can I get some of it?

And herd immunity is a pipe dream. Is there herd immunity for common flu viruses? No. Too many variants. And aren't we hearing that new variants are occurring with COVID? This is never going away. Quite a boon for those in power, no?
It will certainly be an interesting civil rights discussion for the coming century as density discussions move from acres per person to cubic feet per person. The individual deserves the right to opt out...out of the vaccine and mask wearing as well as out of utilization of the public square if that is determined to be the mandate via public policy.

Today we allow condemnation of property for failure to maintain structural integrity or functioning sewer under reasoning of health and safety of others. We also allow owners adequate ability to address and/or challenge such condemnations as well. It should be interesting to see the case law and the path bridging (or curtailing) individual and collective freedoms as a result of the pandemic.

·
Registered
7,590 Posts
Time for some serious moderation.

·
Registered
7,590 Posts
Budder will be along shortly. May even apply some moderation to another moderator.

·
Registered
9,279 Posts
You can thank me later gentlemen

And now for an obscure an almost unrelated historical fact. British sailors were called "Limey Bastards" which is actually a misnomer. They didn't drink lime juice, they drank lemon juice. The person who suggested it to the King, didn't know why lemon juice prevented scurvy, just that it did.

At the time, a sailor was given a 50% chance of succumbing to scurvy. Lemon juice changed the odds. It wasn't until the 1920's or 30's that it was discovered that vitamin C was the reason.

I could give a whole ton of detailed info ...but I am tired and might do so later. It is still considered "junk science" or whatever ...but vape GSE to kill covid.

Mix it with something else ...dilute it like they did in the NIH study.

There you go; my contribution to humanity ...for today.

·
Registered
14,163 Posts

But Billie, even she no longer trusts you. Why should we?

Reactions: OWM

·
Registered
14,163 Posts
The potential harm caused by that "spike protein" was known pretty much before the first vaccines had been administered. The CDC claims the "spike protein" is harmless. Someone's lying.

December 4, 2020 (peer reviewed and published April 30, 2021 – see below)
https://www.biorxiv.org/content/biorxiv/early/2020/12/04/2020.12.04.409144.full.pdf
We show here that S protein alone can damage vascular endothelial cells (ECs) in vitro and in vivo, manifested by impaired mitochondrial function, decreased ACE2 expression and eNOS activity, and increased glycolysis. The underlying mechanism involves S protein downregulation of AMPK and upregulation of MDM2, causing ACE2 destabilization. Thus, the S protein-exerted vascular endothelial damage via ACE2 downregulation overrides the decreased virus infectivity.
March 5, ,2021
SARS-CoV-2 spike protein S1 induces fibrin(ogen) resistant to fibrinolysis: Implications for microclot formation in COVID-19
One of the most important pathologies, is hypercoagulation and microclots in the lungs of patients. Here we study the effect of isolated SARS-CoV-2 spike protein S1 subunit as potential inflammagen sui generis. Using scanning electron and fluorescence microscopy as well as mass spectrometry, we investigate the potential of this inflammagen to interact with platelets and fibrin(ogen) directly to cause blood hypercoagulation. Using platelet poor plasma (PPP), we show that spike protein may interfere with blood flow.
April 27, 2021
SARS-CoV-2 spike protein alone may cause lung damage
Using a newly developed mouse model of acute lung injury, researchers found that exposure to the SARS-CoV-2 spike protein alone was enough to induce COVID-19-like symptoms including severe inflammation of the lungs.
April 30, 2021
The novel coronavirus’ spike protein plays additional key role in illness - Salk Institute for Biological Studies
LA JOLLA—Scientists have known for a while that SARS-CoV-2’s distinctive “spike” proteins help the virus infect its host by latching on to healthy cells. Now, a major new study shows that they also play a key role in the disease itself.

21 - 40 of 62 Posts