Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
141 - 157 of 157 Posts

·
69,149 Posts
Death rates tell a different story.

I threw out Ukraine (they are in a war right now). Belarus was the next lowest. I through out Malta (tiny population). UK is the next highest.

Corona virus death rate is higher in Belarus than UK "surge." This is without even assuming Belarus carefully tracks every coronavirus death like the NHS.

·
Registered
14,952 Posts
From this morning's Jim Kunstler blog. Among other things. If you take umbrage at the highlighted portion take it up with him. Not my job to vet his numbers.

The supposed surge in new Covid cases is really just a tiny blip, considering it comes off a baseline of close to zero cases in many places. 11,140 so far have died from Covid vaccinations, according to the Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System (VAERS). Last week 2,092 deaths from vaccinations were added versus 1,918 deaths from the virus. Countries with the highest vaccination rates are showing the most new Covid cases.
Yet, it’s looking like the idea is to set up the unvaxed for blame as “Joe Biden’s” legitimacy dissolves and the country finds itself in a political crisis because there’s nothing in the constitution that provides for removing a president elected fraudulently, even if the nation is crumbling around him. Vaccine disinformation is killing people, Mr. “B” warned last week. CBS 60-Minutes led its Sunday night show with more Covid scare stories. The message is everywhere that you must get vaxed-up, and, if you don’t, there may be severe penalties. Those likely to opt out of a vax are exactly those people who distrust what the government tells them, meaning probably people who did not vote for the current occupant of the White House. As it happens, though, the number of people who distrust government is expanding even beyond that demographic.

·
Registered
9,471 Posts
Death rates tell a different story.

I threw out Ukraine (they are in a war right now). Belarus was the next lowest. I through out Malta (tiny population). UK is the next highest.

Corona virus death rate is higher in Belarus than UK "surge." This is without even assuming Belarus carefully tracks every coronavirus death like the NHS.

Now, I know the counter argument to this has been ..."but more people are vaccinated than unvaccinated, and that is the reason why the number of vaccinated is so high..."

·
69,149 Posts
Now, I know the counter argument to this has been ..."but more people are vaccinated than unvaccinated, and that is the reason why the number of vaccinated is so high..."
That is not the entire argument against your shallow presentation of statistics, but before we can address that, we have to point out that your numbers are complete BS.

He posted: "Correcting a statistic I gave at the press conference today, 19 July.

"About 60% of hospitalisations from COVID are not from double-vaccinated people, rather 60% of hospitalisations from COVID are currently from unvaccinated people."

·
Man of Myth and Legend
14,795 Posts
I never believed the numbers of infected and fatalities from most any source giving the U.S. the highest infection/fatality count.

I like to think our medical system is way high up on the good list and even those us never jab folks get good care when needed. Much better than Brazil or India or similar Second World Countries.

Nemo

·
Registered
14,952 Posts
I'm not sure where to put this since it's not strictly "vaccine" related but here it is. Basically a long exposition on whether the Rona virus is actually an American biowarfare program directed against China that went off the rails. I read a few articles about this last year but it pretty much got disappeared. It's a very long read. Lots of links. At least three beers and a ham sandwich.

With leading Trump officials greatly enamored of biowarfare, fiercely hostile to China, and running large-scale 2019 simulations on the consequences of a mysterious viral outbreak in that country, it seems entirely unreasonable to completely disregard the possibility that such extremely reckless plans may have been privately discussed and eventually implemented, though probably without presidential authorization.

·
69,149 Posts
I never believed the numbers of infected and fatalities from most any source giving the U.S. the highest infection/fatality count.

I like to think our medical system is way high up on the good list and even those us never jab folks get good care when needed. Much better than Brazil or India or similar Second World Countries.

Nemo

The excess - or gap- deaths are pretty decent evidence that the deaths are in the multiple millions there, unless there is another major cause of death that has gone unnoticed. I know nothing about how carefully causes of death are tracked in India.

Their case numbers are about the same as the US, but I do not know how prevalent testing is compared to the US. The articles notes all of the weaknesses with the study, but at the end of the day, when you have an extra 3 million to 4.7 million deaths in a year and a half over what would normally be expected, something has to explain it.

·
Registered
9,471 Posts
That is not the entire argument against your shallow presentation of statistics, but before we can address that, we have to point out that your numbers are complete BS.

He posted: "Correcting a statistic I gave at the press conference today, 19 July.

"About 60% of hospitalisations from COVID are not from double-vaccinated people, rather 60% of hospitalisations from COVID are currently from unvaccinated people."
"Sky news?"

Really? Come one now smh

I guffawed at the "shallow"comment lol

·
69,149 Posts
Did you look beyond "sky news" to see the point that the source for your claim corrected what he said and claimed it was a mistake?

But you are still relying on it like it is a fact?

Have you no regard whatsoever for truth in your mission to convince everybody of your wild vaccine theories?

·
69,149 Posts
So far, at least 750 fully vaccinated people have died after contracting Covid,but the CDC noted that 142 of those fatalities were asymptomatic or unrelated to Covid-19, according to data as of Monday that was released Friday.

That is 608 or 750 out of more than 600,000. That percentage will surely go up over time.

·
69,149 Posts
I wish they released (or tracked) the data for which vaccine the person who died had. I am guessing they probably have that information.

What if it turns out that, for example, Moderna has 0 deaths while Johnson & Johnson accounts for 500 of them? While I just made that up, it would be very interesting information to know.

·
69,149 Posts
Same link. It's only one week, but the information is focused on one variant. I wish they provided more information here, too. Which vaccine (as I mentioned above), sex, age, co-morbidities, etc. All of that information would be helpful to sorting out how important this 26 out of 73 is. In the US, I am not sure they are carefully tracking variants (I am pretty sure Georgia is not, but I am less sure about everywhere else).

In the U.K., Public Health England released a report that found 26 out of 73 deaths caused by the delta variant occurred in fully vaccinated people from June 8 to June 14.

·
69,149 Posts
In general, the information coming out of the UK shows a much higher percentage of deaths among fully vaccinated than the US.

Any thoughts as to why? They have some different vaccines approved that the US does not, but they also have the US approved versions.

One thought I have is that almost nobody in the UK is unvaccinated. All parts of the UK are 82-90% first vaccine and 68-77% second dose vaccinated. Some areas of the US are very low in comparison, and overall the country has lower rates of vaccination than the UK.

As an exaggerated way of thinking about it, imagine that a location had a 99% vaccination rate. Then imagine that 100 persons died of covid-19. Then you look at the numbers, and half were fully vaccinated, and half are not. The headline could read, Just As Many Vaccinated as Unvaccinated Died. The conclusion would be that vaccination does not work. But in reality, with the silly exaggerated hypothetical I provided, the odds of dying are 50 times higher for the unvaccinated, because while only 1% were unvaccinated, 50% of the deaths were from this small sliver of the population.

The UK version is not so dramatic, but you have a situation in which the vast majority are vaccinated, and yet they were about a third of the deaths from the delta variant in that week surveyed.

I feel like I am still missing so much information, though.

For example, if it turned out (another exaggerated hypothetical) that all 26 of the vaccinated dead were over the age of 90 and mainly male, while the 47 unvaccinated were in their 30s and 40s and mainly female, that would be important, as would knowing that they are all the same age and sex and physical condition.

Nobody wants to dig in and go into that kind of detail, though.

·
Man of Myth and Legend
14,795 Posts
So you actually took the Red Pill?

Nemo

·
Registered
8,585 Posts
Worth noting that the UK started with AstraZeneca and it has a lesser effectiveness than Moderna/Pfizer.

Variants of concern technical release 19:

54.4% were fully vaccinated at the time of the release 19 report and 69.5% had one dose. The only age indicator is over/under 50 so there is no further age breakdown available. Pages 18 and 19 indicate that under 50 have 10x hospitalization and 8.5x deaths when comparing unvaccinated to fully vaccinated. This is not rate, just raw data. Given the skew that unvaccinated only represent 30.5%…the rate data for unvaccinated is more disastrous. 165 deaths occurred in 30.5% of the population and 224 occurred in 54.4% of the population. Also bear in mind the older population is more vaccinated and the younger lesser vaccinated, further indicating vaccinated individuals are faring better than unvaccinated.

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
My statistics Professor warned me about all of you good people way back in my junior year in college . 49.5 years ago. :rolleyes:

141 - 157 of 157 Posts