Cover and Tactical Reloads anyone?

Discussion in 'Training' started by Firearmz, Oct 8, 2007.

1. Firearmz

Firearmz New Member

2. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

This is one of the videos we saw in my CPA class. It scares the :censored: out of me every time. :shock:

The one thing that bothers me is that the cop in the back moved to cover in the woods, directly behind the shooter. I know it was an incredibly high stress situation, he'd already been shot, and the woods would have provided more concealment than the grass on the camera's left, but he was putting himself in the path of twice as many bullets! I'm glad he didn't get hurt by friendly fire.

3. Thorsen

Thorsen New Member

I saw that video earlier this year on the court tv channel I think. The officer who charged right in there is one brave man.

What I didn't understand, and maybe someone more familiar with police tactics can clear this up for me, is why didn't the sergeant move in when he saw the gunman throw away the second firearm? From his position behind the cruiser door there is no way that he could have provided covering fire for the officer checking out the gunman because that officer was in his direct line of fire.

I know its easy to quarterback while not being in that situation with all the time in the world to second guess actions, I am just wondering if that was a tactical error or if there was a reason for him remaining at his position.