County

Discussion in 'Ga. County Licensing Information' started by GAGunOwner, Jan 27, 2006.

1. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

I applied for my GFL on November 29th, 2005. When I applied I was told that it would take "a couple of months." Today (Jaunuary 27, 2006) is the 60th day so I called the Probate Court and asked them about the status of my GFL. I was told that it usually takes "12 weeks, and sometimes more."

2. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

Thanks for the information. I do not have any details for the polk county process so if you would please fill out the form at the link below so I can add your experience to the list.

http://www.gfodl.org/gfl-new-email.php
    For time taken just put 12+ weeks.

3. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

Day 75: Still no GFL! :(

4. Black Ice

Black Ice Member

Dude that sucks!

5. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

Day 79: I got my GFL today!!!
    I am so happy! :)

6. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Congrats. I am assuming ink fingerprints (rather than Livescan)?

7. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

Done, thanks for reminding me.

8. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

Time for renewal, mine expires 02/14/2011. Boy time flies!

Entered the main courthouse building and had to go through a metal detector. Went in to probate court 01/19/2011. No wait. They wanted to see DL. Paid $75 dollars cash (can only be cash). Filled out forms. Most things seemed to be updated with "weapons license." They treated it like new all over again, not like a renual.
    Did not ask for SSN or job info. They did not ask to see my current "GFL" either. I am not certain but I think one of the forms did have a spot for SSN but I left it blank and they didn't say anything, but I'm not certain about this. Anyway, a probate court employee did the prints in the office on a small livescan machine, no ink. Ink for the one print actually for the GWL. I asked about getting a temp. for $1. They said they don't do that anymore because the background checks come back so fast now and that I should get my GWL in about 2 weeks so why waste the dollar? I said, "Okay." I will post here when I get the GWL in the mail. Easy process.

9. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

Re: Polk County

My GWL came in the mail yesterday, January 27, 2011. It was dated January 25, 2011.

:righton:

10. fmlaw1

fmlaw1 Active Member

:righton: :righton: indeed!

11. swheele

swheele New Member

Glad to hear,got to do mine here in polk county before march.
    definitly a big improvement!

12. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

Nice looking for a laminated GWL (best I've ever seen). Marked "Georgia Weapons Carry License" on front and back.

13. sht001

sht001 New Member

I just applied for my license today (3/31/11), the staff at the court house were very nice and pretty quick. Although, they won't let you apply between 11:30 and 2:00, due to people going to lunch. I'll keep everyone posted on how long it takes to receive my license.

14. sht001

sht001 New Member

:righton: WOW! My License came in the mail today, (4/7/11). Thought it might take the 2 weeks, that the clerks ofice said it would. My hats off to Polk Co.!