Could you pass the U.S. citizen test?

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by ptsmith24, Jul 3, 2007.

1. merlock

merlock New Member

95%
    Missed the INS form question. :screwy:

2. Adam5

Adam5 Atlanta Overwatch

How many ponts do you need to pass?

I got 70% My wife only got a 55.

3. wsweeks2

wsweeks2 New Member

95% here as well. I'm a natural born citizen, so where would I have learned what form was needed to become naturalized.

4. Mobster989

Mobster989 New Member

www.uscis.gov probably has it. My wife might have to take a test like that, yay... :roll:

5. budder

budder Moderator Staff Member

90%, though I did guess on a couple. I would make a good citizen!

6. M249

M249 New Member

The Declaration was adopted July 2nd and signed on July 4, 1776, right? The question is "iffy"

100%, but I guessed on the immigration form. Please tell me the real test is more difficult than this?

7. Purge

Purge New Member

I got a 90%

8. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

80% is passing from what I'm reading on the test link.

9. pro2am

pro2am New Member

85% for me....still good enough to retain my citizenship...but not as good as I'd like it to be. Time to do a little reading.

10. USMC - Retired

USMC - Retired Active Member

90% didn.t get the form one and somehow messed up the original thirteen states :? , must looked at it too fast....

11. ptsmith24

ptsmith24 New Member

Same here. Kentucky made its way onto the list somehow :lol: Missed it...

12. mzmtg

mzmtg Active Member

Ditto.

13. rajl

rajl New Member

Same. Why the hell is that even there?

14. RedBeard

RedBeard New Member

One more for missing the form question. The rest were easy. Learned those in elementary school (when teachers were actually still teaching a little US history, now it is all "I think, I feel..."). Of course how I retained that I will never know. Probably all of the paddlings made it stick.

When my family came to America, there were no forms or state or federal governments to create forms. You got off the boat, found a good place to live, beat off the Natives and the damn French, and made the best of it. You didn't work, you didn't live.

15. Thorsen

Thorsen New Member

95% here. Sort of embarressed that I missed the question concerning amendments that touched on voting rights. Off to reread the constitution!

16. legacy38

legacy38 Active Member

I taught a couple of polisci courses as an adjunct instructor for a college last year, and it was saddening to see how little knowledge the students possessed concerning the government and history of the United States.

17. RedBeard

RedBeard New Member

I taught a couple of intro courses for non-majors for a couple of years at a University in Georgia. I was appalled at the lack of basic abilities and knowledge displayed by many of my students. I actually had a couple that could not read or write at 3rd grade level.

Simple concepts that I learned in elementary school were foreign to these students. (I went to the school my father and my grandmother went to in a tiny little town in S AL. We didn't have AC until I was in 7th grade. So nothing fancy about my schooling.)

18. legacy38

legacy38 Active Member

I gave up on essay questions on tests as I didn't have time to teach basic grammar and sentence structure in a polisci class. It was disheartening.