Could Terrorism Save Obama’s Presidency?

Discussion in 'Off-topic Political' started by EJR914, Sep 23, 2010.

1. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

The Oklahoma City Bombing saved Clinton's presidency, didn't it?

http://www.jacktimes.com/world/america/ ... dency.html

Its something to definitely think about. Terrorist attacks have strengthened presidencies, given them more opportunities to further take away our rights such as the Patriot Act, warrant-less wiretaps, and may have even helped get Slick Willy re-elected. Remember, Slick Willy was hurting in the polls right around this same time in his presidency, as in right now in Obama's presidency. OKC brought his poll numbers back up.

Not to mention Slick Willy has been on National TV lately warning that the latest rise in people upset with our government, also people know as "Hatriots" :roll: as he calls them, will lead to another OKC Bombing, soon.

Then of course 9/11 allowed Bush to scare everyone into passing the Unconstitutional Patriot Act right under our noses. More government control.

If the public gets scared and your are able seem like you've got the solutions with more government control and bringing a torn nation back together, people will come running back to you.

Think about it.

2. Fallschirmjäger

Fallschirmjäger I watch the watchers

To Obama a stronger Government IS a stronger America. He worships at the altar and we are his alms.

3. EJR914

Very well put, Falls.

4. seereus

seereus Active Member

I'm quite sure the administration is working on either a racial or religious crisis.

5. EJR914

I'm not so sure about that. I could see them hoping there is another "Hatriot" attack, so that they can pull the country back together and get re-elected, or as an opportunity to increase the government's control over our lives and further decreasing our 4th amendment freedoms such as warrantless wiretaps.

6. TippinTaco

TippinTaco New Member

whats going to help him is all these judicial figures he keeps putting in the chairs. They all seem to favor his ideas and slowly but gradually we will wave good bye to the rights and liberties that we have, of course if something isn't done.

7. CoolHand

CoolHand Active Member

Look up Beslan and Mumbai. Therein lies the future of terror in America. Get ready to kiss the 2nd ammendment goodbye when it happens.

8. EJR914

That's a CHILLING thought! III

9. pml

pml Active Member

And 9/11 saved Bush's. We lost more what people consider Rights in his administration than anyone else's. domestic spying and warrant-less eavesdropping became the norm.

10. EJR914

Agreed.

11. NTA

NTA Well-Known Member

You have probably seen the news this week where the P is quoted as saying: "We can absorb another attack like 9-11"

Don't know what to make of that but, like all of the stuff on the teleprompter, carefully scripted.

12. JiG

JiG Awaiting censure

"The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by an endless series of hobgoblins."-- H.L. Mencken, 1923

Before the war on terror, there was the war on drugs which started with fear mongering that crazed black men would be rapin and killin the white wimmins. (terrorism) Now its crazed middle eastern men who want to rape and kill the wimmins and infidels.

:panic: :panic: :panic: :panic:

13. JiG

JiG Awaiting censure

It's called foreshadowing. After the next attack, the Achmadinnerjacket guy will correctly say it was the US and everyone will call him crazy (because he is pretty much loony, but even a broken clock is right twice a day).

We can absorb another attack like 9/11? No we can't. It's apparent the president sees Americans as pawns whose lives don't matter.... There's 300 million of us, what's the loss of 3-4000+ people he doesn't care about? If he doesn't care about 3000+ Americans, then its not too hard to see the dark side and that another attack may be perpetuated from within to further political goals. Obama, The Fresh Prince of Bill Ayers.

14. EJR914

I think an attack... on the same scale, or larger than 9/11 would certainly take our economy down. You guys remember what happened to the markets and our economy after 9/11.

If they hit again, remind me to buy a bunch of puts when the markets re-open.

15. Arkimedes

Arkimedes New Member

That's not what Obama said, nor what he meant. He was talking about the resiliency of America and its ability to come together in times of crises, such as when the attacks on 9/11 happened.

16. GAGunOwner

GAGunOwner Active Member

:rotfl:

17. JMan

JMan New Member

Please Obama leave office !

18. JMan

JMan New Member

Dear Lord, you took my favorite
    actor, Patrick Swayze. You took my favorite actress, Farah Fawcett. You
    took my favorite singer, Michael Jackson. I just wanted to let you
    know that my favorite President is Barack Obama. Amen.