Could Iran Checkmate America?

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by cdtracing, May 6, 2005.

1. cdtracing

cdtracing New Member

I have posted this on a couple of other forums. I have gotten some pretty intresting replies. I'll give y'all the same questions.

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/article.php3?id=5076

Is this something you all think we should be worried about?

Does anybody believe the US population would have the stomach to fight and TOTALY destroy an entire nations population?

What about the other muslims around the world? What do you think their response would be if the USA annihilated Iran?

What do you all think. I know how I would feel about this and I don't have any qualms about it either.

Chris

2. Kahr Driver

Kahr Driver New Member

Hmmmm

First, I don't think we'd need to erase the entire nation of Iran. This is a "doomsday" scenario. The US government (not necessarily the administration) agents around the world have a better grasp on the capabilities of each country than is described in this report. If anything, our estimates are probably high.

Second, it's not as if we're going to be so stunned we won't respond and adapt our policy and protocal according to the situation. The shock wears off quick. If it came down to fighting in the streets of America, we would have to be vicious individually. 8)

3. seajay

seajay NRA Certified Instructor

I don't think it would be popular or practical to even consider atempting something like erasing an entire nation. It has been tried numerous times through out history and never has been a successful endevor.

The problem is not with the countries themselves. The problem is with the would be world dictators. If they would be happy with running their own country and leave everyone else alone to run theirs everything would be fine.

Where the problem comes in is they fail at running their country and try to blame it on someone else. They rob their people blind and to the point of starvation. Then tell them it would be better if this other country was not doing so well. Rome tried to blame Egypt, Hitler tried to blame the Jews, Stallin tried to blame everyone and now Muslems are trying to blame the U S.

To answer your question is short form. No the American people would not have the stomach to erase a nation.

4. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Precision strike - preemptive - remove nuclear capability.

You can even warn them one hour ahead of time to allow them to avoid loss of life.