Costco

Discussion in 'Firearm Related' started by Suburbbus, Jun 3, 2018.

1. Suburbbus

Suburbbus Well-Known Member

Went to my local Costco today and saw the following sign posted right next to the entrance door. When I called them just now, they said that corporate had all the stores put them up and it had been there for quite a while. I was there within the last couple of days and it was not there. I have always open carried and their own people even told me that they did not care as long as no one complained. And before anyone starts getting on my case about open carrying, the last couple of times, I was wearing a shirt over a LC9s. I also know that it is in the tiny fine print of the membership agreement that firearms are not allowed. So if you go to Costco, just be prepared to cover up if needed.
    Costco sign.jpg

Last edited: Jun 3, 2018
  2. UtiPossidetis

UtiPossidetis American

It's been Costco's policy for at least a few years. Concealed means concealed.

3. Suburbbus

Suburbbus Well-Known Member

It might be their policy, but I have open carried for years at the one we go to and they have never said anything to me.

4. RedDawnTheMusical

RedDawnTheMusical Well-Known Member

Yup. There have been stories about it being enforced, but I suppose it varies between locations.

5. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

Costco has had such signs for at least 4 years. I was a member 4 years ago, and I asked what was up with the sign, and if they really meant it to apply to GFL-holding background-checked good guys. Yes, they really want US disarmed, as if that makes their stores safer.

6. UtiPossidetis

UtiPossidetis American

No idea where you are but I suspect that the more rural locations managers are smarter than the Corporate Harvard MBA morons that run the place.

7. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

And if they have those signs up why doesn't anyone complain to management, end their membership and stop giving Costco money.

Costco does not care if you object and say bad things about them as long as your dollars continue to flow into the store.

Nemo

8. UtiPossidetis

UtiPossidetis American

I did. Member at Sams now. Miss some of the choices of merchandise at Costco but just not worth it IMHO.

Scout706 and mark5019 like this.
  9. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

Costco stores in FL have refused legal carry for years. I can count on one hand how many times I went there. Sam's Clubs were never an issue. Of course, concealed carry only. I've never had any problems with OC at the local Sam's here.

10. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Sure, keep giving them money, which is, when you come right down to it, the absolute strongest support that you can show for their position on your fundamental human right of self defense.

It's like you are fundraising for their off limits location.

Good job!

I often wonder where we would be if armed Georgians donated as much money to GCO as they willingly and eagerly hand over to anti-gun corporations.

Where you spend your money speaks volumes for your true values.

11. gunsmoker

gunsmoker Lawyer and Gun Activist

I like scattered smothered covered chunked diced and topped hashbrowns ---a lot.

Why should I have to choose between being armed while I eat breakfast and having to settle for some lesser breakfast that does not feature the type of food that I am in the mood for that day ?

I can carry concealed at Waffle House and nobody will know. I'll get the food I want. In safety.

So if we are supposed to boycott Costco where then should we get our discount groceries in large quantities ?

Are we welcome to carry at Sam's Club ?

Pace is long out of business, right?

12. GM404

GM404 Well-Known Member

And yet, how many people here that complain about this policy and jump up and down yelling, "I'M NEVER SHOPPING THERE AGAIN!!!", yet will unabashedly continue to eat at Waffle House? Use FedEx to ship stuff?

13. RedDawnTheMusical

RedDawnTheMusical Well-Known Member

If someone simply doesn't support the 2A by not allowing citizens to carry firearms in their store(s), then I try to not to patronize their business in favors of those stores that due allow carry. It isn't 100% and sometimes I find myself in stores that I would prefer not to shop in. However, if that business actively campaigns against my 2A rights, like Dick's Sporting Goods and a Georgia restaurant association (can't remember the name off the top of my head), then I will not set foot in their store(s) - period.

UtiPossidetis likes this.
  14. UtiPossidetis

UtiPossidetis American

There are times when I don't have a choice - like someone sending me a package via FedEx but when I have a chance to choose I do not select that method of delivery. Again, it is always the individuals choice and there are often issues that make 100% impossible but trying to be informed about where my $'s go is important to me.

15. Glockenator

Glockenator Active Member

Yep - it's almost impossible to not support the libtards, in some way. But some ways are very easy - like not having a Schmacebook account, not using Google as a search engine, not using Gmail or Yahoo email, etc.

16. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

This one is more simple than some of the others mentioned.

Them - "We deny you your right of self defense. Your life is not worth saving. Give us money."

You - "Ok, here" [handing over millions]

Collectively, millions upon millions in support . . .

I am not attacking you. I am just asking you to consider what it is you are doing and what your spending says about your values. I am not asking you what your spending says to your inner self, your GPDO persona, about your values. Instead, think about this, "What does it say to Costco about your values?" I think you know the answer.

Money is the best and strongest support you can show. Likes on Facebook aren't. Neither are thumbs up emoticons on GPDO. Money. That is real support. Even terrorists need money from supporters.

17. Nemo

I cannot say how many will eat at Waffle House or use FedEx but I will not.

Their food and service may be the best ever conceived and created by the mind and hand of man but I will not spend my money there.

Any time I see a sign I find the manager or highest level person there and show them the 4, their sign, my permit, my sidearm and my back. I advise them I will not be a customer of their business and discourage everyone I know from being a customer. Further I will note their policy on several websites I know that relate to this issue and discourage anyone who reads it from being a customer of theirs.

It worked on an Applebys while I was in Georgia. Took 6 months but their sign came down.

Nemo

Last edited: Jun 4, 2018
  18. Archangel

Archangel Moderator Staff Member

Yes, yes you are.

19. Glockenator

Glockenator Active Member

Yep. Along those lines, the point I was trying to make, but not stating clearly was: Having a FB account, Gmail account, Yahoo account or using Google as a search engine supports anti-gun libtards in the financial sense. Not just "moral support" by Like clicks, etc. Having those accounts gives anti-gun libtards money, both directly and indirectly. It adds to huge campaign contributions for people like Hillary Clinton. Plus, it makes companies, who make millions of $$ daily by crawling up your butt to mine and sell your personal data, even richer. Companies like Google and Facebook want their little fingers in every little part of your daily life (Calendar, linking, syncing, location, etc.).

I am not calling people who support those companies nasty names. I am just pointing out facts, and saying that I refuse to knowingly and willingly give them financial support, especially when they either offer something that I don't need or want (like Facebook), or there are alternatives that do the job I need just fine (like Protonmail, DuckDuckGo, etc.).

20. Nemo

Thats why I don't do FB and Gmail and Yahoo. Also why I use AdBlocker and Ghostery to attempt to minimize and pennies they or anyone gets for me being there.

But I do generally suspend those things when I go to "good" places like this one.

Nemo

Last edited: Jun 4, 2018