·
Man of Myth and Legend
18,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Reactions: mark5019 and zetor

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
And you cannot convince there is no one else.
Countless of other else's. Can you imagine what a dilemma it will present when ET officially shows up on our door steps. I'll bet that place in Rome has a contingency plan for that event and how to explain it.:alien:

·
Member Georgia Carry
12,770 Posts
Or it could be that the heavens declare the glory of God. Instead of looking for space aliens people should be learning what God requires of mankind, because eternity is just as vast as space, so is the place you'll spend it.

I almost think some are hoping for a spaceship landing so they can laugh with the aliens about how the Bible is nonsense, while getting an alien injection to make themselves immortal.

I'll live forever in my body too, after God has raised and glorified it to make it like Christ's body.

·
Premium Member
11,258 Posts
To quote Carl Sagan from his book Contact: “The universe is a pretty big place. If it's just us, seems like an awful waste of space.”
I don't think we're alone.
James Webb is delivering some AMAZING shots of space, even in our own "back yard".
E
Years ago, I was buddies with Bill Moore’s son (the UFO “expert” on Roswell).

Yeah, they really are out there.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
I almost think some are hoping for a spaceship landing so they can laugh with the aliens about how the Bible is nonsense, while getting an alien injection to make themselves immortal.
What an awful argument. Good use of “injection” though to keep the ones on fence about the vaccine from thinking for themselves though.

·
Member Georgia Carry
12,770 Posts
An inference to Covid was certainly not my intent. Okay, let's change injection to "walk through their special reinvigorator machine".

And awful or not, my argument certainly seems plausible with folks practically making their search and hope to find aliens, into a religion.

What an awful argument. Good use of “injection” though to keep the ones on fence about the vaccine from thinking for themselves though.

·
Registered
5,916 Posts
I almost think some are hoping for a spaceship landing so they can laugh with the aliens about how the Bible is nonsense,
What if the so called aliens have the Bible or at least a version that mirrors the one in our neck of the woods in their hands when they get off the spaceship. I'm thinking God is and would be the God of all that is, all that ever has been and will be.

·
Premium Member
11,258 Posts
What if the so called aliens have the Bible or at least a version that mirrors the one in our neck of the woods in their hands when they get off the spaceship. I'm thinking God is and would be the God of all that is, all that ever has been and will be.
There is a whole sect of Christianity that belives in the pre-Adamite hypothesis. According to Abrahamic faiths, Eve was God's last creation (not the first). So yeah, if aliens were to land on the WH lawn, that wouldn't necessarily contradict my Biblical and scriptural beliefs.

·
Member Georgia Carry
12,770 Posts
There is no pre-Adam/Eve race. The Bible makes it clear that all in Adam are dead in sins, but all in Christ as made alive to God. Christ died for Adam's race, not some other.

And if there are flesh and blood intelligent beings on other planets, they are under the effects of sin, as the Bible makes it clear that the entire creation is. Christ died only once for sin, and that one time was for man, not anyone else, so those beings would be without hope. Therefore, they do not exist, as there would be no purpose for them to continue to be born and die under sin with no escape. Fallen angels on the other hand do exist and are without hope, but they serve a purpose in helping to fill the cup of wrath that will be poured out on all the lost.

Also, the bride of Christ is the body of human believers. That should tell you that only one redemption story is all that was provided by God, and only one story is needed for God to show His great love and mercy to His highest creation - mankind.

Let's have some spiritual discernment on this topic and think things through to their conclusions, instead of just rolling over and playing dead when we see the vastness of space, and exclaim with bated breath that we can't be the only ones.

·
Premium Member
11,258 Posts
There is no pre-Adam/Eve race. The Bible makes it clear that all in Adam are dead in sins, but all in Christ as made alive to God. Christ died for Adam's race, not some other.

And if there are flesh and blood intelligent beings on other planets, they are under the effects of sin, as the Bible makes it clear that the entire creation is. Christ died only once for sin, and that one time was for man, not anyone else, so those beings would be without hope. Therefore, they do not exist, as there would be no purpose for them to continue to be born and die under sin with no escape. Fallen angels on the other hand do exist and are without hope, but they serve a purpose in helping to fill the cup of wrath that will be poured out on all the lost.

Also, the bride of Christ is the body of human believers. That should tell you that only one redemption story is all that was provided by God, and only one story is needed for God to show His great love and mercy to His highest creation - mankind.

Let's have some spiritual discernment on this topic and think things through to their conclusions, instead of just rolling over and playing dead when we see the vastness of space, and exclaim with bated breath that we can't be the only ones.
The kinds of questions I have been asking since I was a child were, "Did Noah steer the ark to Australia to drop off the Kangaroos, then to Peru to drop off the Llamas? Or, did they swim there from Mount Ararat?"

It is my sole conviction that everything Science presents is not at odds with scripture ... maybe God created us to evolve? Wehnrer Von Braun once said that it was his religious beliefs that allowed him to understand science. Yes, there is a designer behind the design.

·
Registered
9,962 Posts
It is my sole conviction that everything Science presents is not at odds with scripture ... maybe God created us to evolve? Wehnrer Von Braun once said that it was his religious beliefs that allowed him to understand science. Yes, there is a designer behind the design.
Agreed and to expound on that, when I have found science at odds with my understanding of scripture, the problem at issue has always been one of hubris not a conflict between science and scripture…

·
Premium Member
11,258 Posts
Agreed and to expound on that, when I have found science at odds with my understanding of scripture, the problem at issue has always been one of hubris not a conflict between science and scripture…
I remember getting in an online debate years ago….similar to every single online debate regarding this subject in the history of online debates … and the subject of evolution was a big part of it. In that debate, I pointed out that “the nature of God’s creation changed as a result of God’s judgement on Adam and Eve”

The lion no longer lay alongside the lamb in peace. God changed the serpent and cursed it to crawl on it’s belly. I was just pointing out that even in scripture … it was pointed out that every living creature “evolved” (if you want to use that word) by all of creation’s “designer”. And, this wasn’t the first time God judged mankind. There was a time he wanted to do a “do-over” and kill everything.

After the flood, the God of the Old Testament became a bit more selective when he chose those who invoked his fury.

I have talked to some “Bible Scholars” that claimed that God wanted to destroy everything in the great deluge, because his creation was becoming something other than he had intended. That mankind was having offspring with fallen angels and animals. That mankind was so wicked and so corrupt, that it could not be saved and restored.

·
Man of Myth and Legend
18,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yes, there is a designer behind the design.
But where did the designer come from?

Or is that beyond the comprehension of humans to understand?

Nemo

·
Premium Member
11,258 Posts
But where did the designer come from?

Or is that beyond the comprehension of humans to understand?

Nemo
Not sure how others will answer … but maybe we were “programmed” to think that everything has a beginning and an end. I certainly cannot comprehend something that has been eternal with no beginning or ending. I can imagine the shape of a circle, but someone had to draw the circle.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts