Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

41 - 60 of 75 Posts

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,717 Posts
If they pull out of the settlement they can be sued again. We'll then see what the SCOTUS says about it.

·
PITA
232 Posts
If they pull out of the settlement they can be sued again. We'll then see what the SCOTUS says about it.
Let's hope so, except for the fact that doing such might take a long time.

·
Custom User Title
2,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #43 (Edited)
I mailed our requests to Savannah on July 15th and received their letters on August 31st (dated August 13 and 14).
I mailed our requests to Mobile on August 18th. Hopefully they will respond within this month.
We have finally received our letters from Mobile. They had been signed and dated on December 15th.

Few more information that may be useful to other members.
At the end of November I sent a message to the Facebook page of the 'U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Allatoona Lake'. It was for information about waterfowl hunting on the lake. However since the person with whom I had the exchange had been very helpful, I eventually asked if there was a way to check on our requests for permission to carry on the property. He said that he would have called the office in Mobile and inquired. The same morning I received a phone call. The lady who called me said that they had sent us a letter at the end of August, asking for additional documents (the back side of our driver's licenses). I explained that we had never received it so she asked me to send the missing documents by email, and so I did. The day after I asked if everything was in order, and she confirmed that they had all they needed and that our requests had been sent for signatures.
Yesterday I sent another email, wondering if our permission letters had been lost in the mail.
Today I received a phone call from another lady who said that our letters had been signed on 12/15, and mailed to us, but since we had not received them she was going to anticipate them by email.
I received the email with our letters shortly after.

Everybody was cordial and professional.

By the way, I am going to send one more letter asking for permission for my two sons to use air rifles for recreational purposes.

·
Custom User Title
2,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
I totally I agree. And just to be clear when I wrote "Everybody was cordial and professional" I was really referring to the individuals who tried to help, so that maybe other members would be encouraged to be proactive in case they find themselves in the same situation.

The whole thing is absolutely outrageous.

·
Custom User Title
2,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #46 (Edited)
New letters mailed on 1/9, arrived today. they were indeed dated 12/15.

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
I don't think it's a COE problem, as on Jan 22 I received a Christmas card from my mother on Dec 22. I believe the delivery streams were very slow during the Christmas time.

·
Man of Myth and Legend
14,019 Posts

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
Postmarked on Dec 22 or ?

Nemo
Yes, it was postmarked Dec 22. Admittedly, it was late when my mom sent it and it took a month to go 70 miles.

·
Custom User Title
2,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
I don't think it's a COE problem....
I don't know what the problem was.
However that is not how it happened in may case. The two letters we received yesterday had been mailed (postmarked) on Jan 9.
Previously they had sent us letters at the end of August (asking for additional documents) and mid December (the "approval" letters). We have never received them.

I have no knowledge of any other mail from any other sender that has not been delivered to our address.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
I sent out emails to the Mobile, Savannah, and Nashville districts to inquire how to proceed with asking permission in light of the pandemic (whether to use email or regular mail). The Nashville and Savannah district contacts gave me email contacts to submit my requests; no response from Mobile yet. The Savannah one indicates that they do them in batches, so it could be as long as 45 days if the request is received soon after the last batch was approved.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
I have used the "Contact" link on the Mobile district twice now. Once, I sent a message to the executive office (with no response), then again to the "Public Affairs and Media Relations" with no response.

I have sent a third email to the Regulatory Division (Permits). I did not use that one originally because it sounded that they do permits for land clearing and projects and such.

·
Registered
15,974 Posts
Can anyone confirm if any districts other than Mobile and Savannah have actually granted written permission to people (especially Georgia residents)? If so, what district(s) have done so?

·
Professional Troll
2,125 Posts
Can anyone confirm if any districts other than Mobile and Savannah have actually granted written permission to people (especially Georgia residents)? If so, what district(s) have done so?
Jacksonville will.

Los Angeles will not.

While Sacramento did not approve my request, they indicated that if I had requested permission to carry in a state they manage with water resource projects are located, they would have acted on my request. (Their district covers northern Nevada, but there are no COE water resource projects under their jurisdiction in Nevada.

·
Professional Troll
2,125 Posts
I am still waiting on Nashville.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
I got a reply back from Mobile; they still want the letters sent by mail.

When I contacted the Nashville office, the reply came from a park ranger who said he handled all the firearms permission requests, so it seemed like they have been doing it for a while.

·
PITA
232 Posts
If this proposed rule change were to happen (IIRC, that would be this month), does anyone know a way to find out about that, right after it happens? Is anyone at GCO, or who was involved in the lawsuit(s) watching this carefully, and will they post anything here when they know something new?

My fingers are getting tired from being crossed.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
I got my Savannah letter today. I also realized that I may have sent a copy of the wrong license to Mobile, and the contact there has not returned any emails bout it.

41 - 60 of 75 Posts