Corps of Engineers (again)

Discussion in 'Places Off-Limits' started by Billennium, Jul 3, 2020.

1. Jonathan Freeman

Jonathan Freeman Member

I had both of my letters reduced and put them in my wallet with my ID and Weapons Carry License. But yes, I also carry a standard copy in all my vehicles. The smaller one in my wallet is if I’m riding with someone else.
    The Ranger I spoke with is the one who recommended carrying a reduced size with me just for that purpose.

2. Suburbbus

Suburbbus Well-Known Member

What about a scanned copy of the letters in my phone?

Jonathan Freeman likes this.

3. Billennium

Billennium Custom User Title

Only if it’s an iPhone :)

4. Jonathan Freeman

Jonathan Freeman Member

Good question! I didn’t think to ask that.

5. Suburbbus

Suburbbus Well-Known Member

Just happens to be. :)

6. RaginCajun

RaginCajun Member

@Billennium
    I am in the same boat as you. I mailed my letters off July 31st. Received permission from Savannah a couple weeks later, I have heard nothing from Mobile. I have even had a very nice lady from Savannah inquiring with Mobile. She has been very responsive, but haven’t had any updates since Labor Day. If anyone has an email contact at Mobile, I’d appreciate it.

7. Billennium

I mailed our requests to Savannah on July 15th and received their letters on August 31st (dated August 13 and 14).
    I mailed our requests to Mobile on August 18th. Hopefully they will respond within this month.

8. RaginCajun

RaginCajun Member

My Savannah letter is dated the same yours. Guess I got lucky, they sent me a PDF copy to keep with me. I too hope Mobile sends out letters this month. Would like it if it was a little easier to contact/follow up with someone for status updates.

9. Billennium

Not sure why that came out red

10. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

Its blue on my screen.

Nemo

11. RaginCajun

RaginCajun Member

@Billennium
    Keep an eye out for your mail. I received my Mobile letter today, dated August 14th. The Savannah district told me they do them in batches, so hopefully you and your wife’s are in the same batch.

Billennium likes this.
  12. Billennium

We have not received them yet, however I mailed our letters to Mobile after August 14th, so we definitely missed the batch.

13. Davers

Davers Member

This is good to know as I'm on ACOE land / water a-lot . Mostly Metro Atlanta lakes .

It's a bit off topic but as I see it the ACOE largest problem at Lake Allatoona is Litter & ATV's & maybe poaching at the Far North Side of the Lake & Tributaries.

14. Billennium

Nothing from Mobile yet. I wondering if sending a new request would do any good.

15. Hombre

Hombre PITA

Unless the current election results are reversed in courts (or elsewhere), do you think that USACOE will:

1) Stop the process of this rule change, and continue issuing permission letters?

2) Stop the rule change and stop issuing permission letters?

3) Stop the rule change, stop issuing permission letters, and revoke current permission letters?

In the US military, do un-fulfilled orders (which, IMO, ought to be a dereliction of duty court martial charge) become moot when the Commander In Chief who made the order is no longer your Commander In Chief?

16. jrm

jrm Sledgehammer

17. Billennium

Well, I sent our requests to Mobile a couple of days ago, for the second time. We'll see.

Jonathan Freeman likes this.
  18. Hombre

Hombre PITA

Seeing as how those AH's are operating, I wouldn't expect those them to even give you the common courtesy of a "Sorry, but we are no longer issuing those" letter, in return. The permission letter requests probably now just go in some sort of file (likely round in shape).

A while back, I was starting to have a somewhat positive regard for that POS behemoth, but now it is back to being quite negative.

I imagine a bunch of people will go back to being outlaws while on USACOE property. Good thing that carry is (or was) considered a very petty offense there. But I wouldn't be surprised if that changed.

Perhaps it is time to sue them again, and pull out all of the stops, this time.

19. Billennium

I may have missed the boat by not sending the first two letters one month earlier ….
    By the way, just out of curiosity, what is the penalty for carrying without having being issued a letter? I tried online but I could not find the information.