Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

21 - 40 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
I had both of my letters reduced and put them in my wallet with my ID and Weapons Carry License. But yes, I also carry a standard copy in all my vehicles. The smaller one in my wallet is if I’m riding with someone else.
The Ranger I spoke with is the one who recommended carrying a reduced size with me just for that purpose.

·
Registered
157 Posts
@Billennium
I am in the same boat as you. I mailed my letters off July 31st. Received permission from Savannah a couple weeks later, I have heard nothing from Mobile. I have even had a very nice lady from Savannah inquiring with Mobile. She has been very responsive, but haven't had any updates since Labor Day. If anyone has an email contact at Mobile, I'd appreciate it.

·
Custom User Title
2,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
I mailed our requests to Savannah on July 15th and received their letters on August 31st (dated August 13 and 14).
I mailed our requests to Mobile on August 18th. Hopefully they will respond within this month.

·
Registered
157 Posts
My Savannah letter is dated the same yours. Guess I got lucky, they sent me a PDF copy to keep with me. I too hope Mobile sends out letters this month. Would like it if it was a little easier to contact/follow up with someone for status updates.

·
Man of Myth and Legend
14,019 Posts
Its blue on my screen.

Nemo

·
Registered
157 Posts
@Billennium
Keep an eye out for your mail. I received my Mobile letter today, dated August 14th. The Savannah district told me they do them in batches, so hopefully you and your wife's are in the same batch.

Reactions: Billennium

·
Custom User Title
2,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
@Billennium
Keep an eye out for your mail. I received my Mobile letter today, dated August 14th. The Savannah district told me they do them in batches, so hopefully you and your wife's are in the same batch.
We have not received them yet, however I mailed our letters to Mobile after August 14th, so we definitely missed the batch.

·
Registered
94 Posts
As of a year ago there was no government propagated form or application from the Corps. On the internets there was a recommended model for the wording in your letter. You just identify yourself as a resident of Georgia and a weapons permit holder from Georgia, you enclose photo copies of your GWL card front and back, you tell the District Commander in your letter that you would like permission to carry concealed only encore property for personal protection and lawful self-defense. A year ago there was no government propagated form or application from the core around the internets there was a recommended model for your letter in your letter you just identify yourself as a resident of Georgia and a weapons permit holder from Georgia you enclose photocopies of your GWL card front and back you tell the district commander in your letter that you would like permission to carry concealed only on court property for personal protection and lawful self-defense.Your there should say the federal code of regulations that gives the district commander permission to authorize the carrying a firearms under such conditions should he or she choose to do so.

PS. you need to write to the district commander of the Corps of Engineers district that has authority over the waterways or parks that you want to carry in for me I had to write to two different districts one based in Mobile Alabama and one based in Savannah Georgia so that I could carry both around lakes in the Atlanta area and lake Heartwell in South Carolina.
This is good to know as I'm on ACOE land / water a-lot . Mostly Metro Atlanta lakes .

It's a bit off topic but as I see it the ACOE largest problem at Lake Allatoona is Litter & ATV's & maybe poaching at the Far North Side of the Lake & Tributaries.

·
Custom User Title
2,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
I mailed our requests to Mobile on August 18th. Hopefully they will respond within this month.
Nothing from Mobile yet. I wondering if sending a new request would do any good.

·
PITA
232 Posts
I'm not in the know, but at this point my suspicion is they are slow-rolling it until the election, because the career army officials really don't want to change the reg and if Biden is elected they probably won't have to.
Unless the current election results are reversed in courts (or elsewhere), do you think that USACOE will:

1) Stop the process of this rule change, and continue issuing permission letters?

2) Stop the rule change and stop issuing permission letters?

3) Stop the rule change, stop issuing permission letters, and revoke current permission letters?

In the US military, do un-fulfilled orders (which, IMO, ought to be a dereliction of duty court martial charge) become moot when the Commander In Chief who made the order is no longer your Commander In Chief?

·
Sledgehammer
4,765 Posts
Unless the current election results are reversed in courts (or elsewhere), do you think that USACOE will:

1) Stop the process of this rule change, and continue issuing permission letters?

2) Stop the rule change and stop issuing permission letters?

3) Stop the rule change, stop issuing permission letters, and revoke current permission letters?

In the US military, do un-fulfilled orders (which, IMO, ought to be a dereliction of duty court martial charge) become moot when the Commander In Chief who made the order is no longer your Commander In Chief?

·
Custom User Title
2,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Well, I sent our requests to Mobile a couple of days ago, for the second time. We'll see.

·
PITA
232 Posts
Well, I sent our requests to Mobile a couple of days ago, for the second time. We'll see.
Seeing as how those AH's are operating, I wouldn't expect those them to even give you the common courtesy of a "Sorry, but we are no longer issuing those" letter, in return. The permission letter requests probably now just go in some sort of file (likely round in shape).

A while back, I was starting to have a somewhat positive regard for that POS behemoth, but now it is back to being quite negative.

I imagine a bunch of people will go back to being outlaws while on USACOE property. Good thing that carry is (or was) considered a very petty offense there. But I wouldn't be surprised if that changed.

Perhaps it is time to sue them again, and pull out all of the stops, this time.

·
Custom User Title
2,003 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
I may have missed the boat by not sending the first two letters one month earlier ….
By the way, just out of curiosity, what is the penalty for carrying without having being issued a letter? I tried online but I could not find the information.

21 - 40 of 75 Posts