Cops tell of fatal delay in hunt

Discussion in 'In the News' started by jgullock, Apr 18, 2007.

1. jgullock

jgullock Active Member

Cops tell of fatal delay in hunt

http://content.hamptonroads.com/story.c ... &ran=34142

[snip]

And new information emerged that may help explain a fateful two-hour delay by university officials in warning the campus of a gunman at large. According to search warrants and statements from the police, campus investigators had been busy pursuing what appears to have been a fruitless lead in the first of two shooting episodes Monday.

After two people, Emily Jane Hilscher, a freshman, and Ryan Clark, the resident adviser who lived next door in a dormitory, were shot dead, the campus police filed a search warrant for the home of Karl D. Thornhill, who was described in Internet memorials as Hilscher's boyfriend.

According to the warrant, Hilscher's roommate had told the police that Thornhill, a student at nearby Radford University, had guns at his townhouse. The roommate told the police that she had recently been at a shooting range with Thornhill, the affidavit said, leading the police to believe he may have been the gunman.

But as they were questioning Thornhill, reports came in of widespread shooting at Norris Hall on the campus, making it clear that Thornhill was not the killer they were seeking. He was not arrested, although he continues to be an important witness in the case, the police said.

So I guess if your a gun owner your automatically the bad guy. :(

2. ICP_Juggalo

ICP_Juggalo Active Member

Damn Dunkin' Doughnuts!

They all should be banned!!!

:oops:

3. Gunstar1

Gunstar1 Administrator

:evil: That's not nice!

I have never been a cop, but I have almost gotten into a wreck because Krispy Kreme's Hot and Fresh sign had been turned on.

I read in... popular science... yeah that was it... that those signs contain a small black hole that will suck in cars. The only way I have found I can escape is to buy and consume mass quantities of doughnuts.

I know it and LEOs know it.