cops shoot unarmed behavioral therapist helping patient

Discussion in 'In the News' started by phaed, Jul 20, 2016.

1. phaed

phaed Active Member

2. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

3. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

Hey, he was black. He was unarmed. He was laying on his back with his hands in the air. They were cops. It was Miami. He needed shot.
    ^^ intense sarcasm up there ^^

Nemo

4. Phil1979

Phil1979 Member Georgia Carry

I have a feeling that shooting victim Charles Kinsey is going to find a lot of money coming his way soon. And rightly so.

Pony up, North Miami!

5. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

Cops need completely new training. I'm just being honest.

This guy should be, in the least, charged and convicted of aggravated assault, that is if this guy makes it, and he should never be a police officer again, anywhere. There should be a way to ban these guys from ever becoming an officer in the US again.

Shooting someone is not some small thing. He could have very well murdered this man in cold blood.

This is ridiculous and unacceptable guys. I hope if he's convicted he spends lot of years in prison for this. If I did this, just imagine what I WOULD GET!

6. GlockGary

GlockGary Glock Block Supporter

North Miami Police shot unarmed man

http://wsvn.com/news/local/video-shows-moments-before-north-miami-police-shot-unarmed-man/

7. a_springfield

a_springfield Well-Known Member

I believe most cops need to start carrying their bullets fife style.

8. Jmark

Jmark Active Member

From watching the video and seeing where he was shot I'd go with gross negligence caused by an officer with their finger on the trigger when it shouldn't have been. This is why I don't inform officers I'm carrying when stopped, at least in states where I'm not required to do so. I don't trust their reaction or their firearm handling skills if they feel they need to disarm me. I hope he gets paid.

9. Savannah Dan

Savannah Dan Cross-drawer

Disclaimer: I did not watch the video yet.

I have two large concerns in my life. 1) How will my autistic son be cared for when I am gone. I am doing something about that. 2) That either my son or I will be shot dead or at the very least tased by LEO. Other than never taking my son out in public, I don't have very much control over this.

10. UtiPossidetis

UtiPossidetis American

Why were their guns drawn when no gun was present? Sounds a LOT like poor procedure led to a ND.

"North Miami Police have not released the officer’s name or an update on their investigation. However, they did say that the State Attorney is now involved with the investigation."

11. alphageek007

alphageek007 Member

12. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

[​IMG]

I have now combined 3 separate threads on the same incident. Please take a minute to look before you post.

13. RedDawnTheMusical

RedDawnTheMusical Well-Known Member

Agreed. This was just an outright bad shooting and I suspect a negligent discharge of the weapon by the officer. I get the initial reaction by officers to a MWAG call - that is how officers get killed today. However, they hand a standoff with these two and the person on the ground clearly stated the other person was autistic and it was a toy truck. Plenty of time appears to have expired for the officers to take stock of the situation and realize there was no threat.

I'm all for supporting police that are involved in shootings where suspects appear threatening, are non-compliant, and are making furtive movements. That's not the case here and the officer should be held accountable for his actions.

14. RedDawnTheMusical

It is pretty sad. It shows a very compliant black male explaining that he's a physical therapist with his hands in the air and lying on his back as instructed by police. He's explaining that the individual sitting in the road next to him is autistic and has a toy truck and that he comes from a nearby care facility.

Police had several units on the scene with rifles (presumedly taking a strong response to a MWAG call for their safety in light of recent events). I presume that the toy truck was clearly visible through a rifle scope and it shouldn't have taken long at all for police to realize the situation wasn't a threat and was a false alarm caused by 'if you see something, say something' going horribly wrong.

I suspect the discharge of the weapon wasn't intentional, but it is extremely careless in our times with the recent shooting of black males by police officers that receive unprecedented media attention.

15. CoffeeMate

CoffeeMate Junior Butt Warmer

I'm pretty sure they told him repeatedly NOT to reach for the gun.

[/sarcasm]

16. GM404

GM404 Well-Known Member

I thought I read that there were a total of 4 shots. Of course, early reporting tends to be wrong, so there is that.

Absolutely sickening.

17. CoffeeMate

Yeah, more TV again.

Reminds me of someone who adamantly insisted that as long as a person blows below the legal limit on an Intoxilyzer, they can't be charged with DUI.

:roll:

18. CoffeeMate

:shakehead:

19. RedDawnTheMusical

The fool!

20. CoffeeMate

The person mentioned their family attorney. I suggested asking him.