Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,904 Posts

·
Man of Myth and Legend
15,140 Posts
Hey, he was black. He was unarmed. He was laying on his back with his hands in the air. They were cops. It was Miami. He needed shot.
^^ intense sarcasm up there ^^

Nemo

·
Member Georgia Carry
11,904 Posts
I have a feeling that shooting victim Charles Kinsey is going to find a lot of money coming his way soon. And rightly so.

Pony up, North Miami!

·
Seasteading Aficionado
44,900 Posts
Cops need completely new training. I'm just being honest.

This guy should be, in the least, charged and convicted of aggravated assault, that is if this guy makes it, and he should never be a police officer again, anywhere. There should be a way to ban these guys from ever becoming an officer in the US again.

Shooting someone is not some small thing. He could have very well murdered this man in cold blood.

This is ridiculous and unacceptable guys. I hope if he's convicted he spends lot of years in prison for this. If I did this, just imagine what I WOULD GET!

·
Glock Block Supporter
2,573 Posts
North Miami Police shot unarmed man

Kinsey said the man was his patient and the alleged gun was a toy truck, which he said was clearly visible to police. “I was really more worried about him than myself. I was thinking as long as I have my hands up … they’re not going to shoot me. This is what I’m thinking, they’re not going to shoot me. Wow, was I wrong.â€

Kinsey was then shot in the leg. The shooting was not captured on camera but Kinsey said he had his hands up the entire time.
http://wsvn.com/news/local/video-shows-moments-before-north-miami-police-shot-unarmed-man/

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
I believe most cops need to start carrying their bullets fife style.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
From watching the video and seeing where he was shot I'd go with gross negligence caused by an officer with their finger on the trigger when it shouldn't have been. This is why I don't inform officers I'm carrying when stopped, at least in states where I'm not required to do so. I don't trust their reaction or their firearm handling skills if they feel they need to disarm me. I hope he gets paid.

·
Cross-drawer
7,322 Posts
Disclaimer: I did not watch the video yet.

I have two large concerns in my life. 1) How will my autistic son be cared for when I am gone. I am doing something about that. 2) That either my son or I will be shot dead or at the very least tased by LEO. Other than never taking my son out in public, I don't have very much control over this.

·
American
3,289 Posts
Why were their guns drawn when no gun was present? Sounds a LOT like poor procedure led to a ND.

"North Miami Police have not released the officer’s name or an update on their investigation. However, they did say that the State Attorney is now involved with the investigation."

·
69,784 Posts

I have now combined 3 separate threads on the same incident. Please take a minute to look before you post.

·
Registered
10,809 Posts
From watching the video and seeing where he was shot I'd go with gross negligence caused by an officer with their finger on the trigger when it shouldn't have been. This is why I don't inform officers I'm carrying when stopped, at least in states where I'm not required to do so. I don't trust their reaction or their firearm handling skills if they feel they need to disarm me. I hope he gets paid.
Agreed. This was just an outright bad shooting and I suspect a negligent discharge of the weapon by the officer. I get the initial reaction by officers to a MWAG call - that is how officers get killed today. However, they hand a standoff with these two and the person on the ground clearly stated the other person was autistic and it was a toy truck. Plenty of time appears to have expired for the officers to take stock of the situation and realize there was no threat.

I'm all for supporting police that are involved in shootings where suspects appear threatening, are non-compliant, and are making furtive movements. That's not the case here and the officer should be held accountable for his actions.

·
Registered
10,809 Posts
Disclaimer: I did not watch the video yet.
It is pretty sad. It shows a very compliant black male explaining that he's a physical therapist with his hands in the air and lying on his back as instructed by police. He's explaining that the individual sitting in the road next to him is autistic and has a toy truck and that he comes from a nearby care facility.

Police had several units on the scene with rifles (presumedly taking a strong response to a MWAG call for their safety in light of recent events). I presume that the toy truck was clearly visible through a rifle scope and it shouldn't have taken long at all for police to realize the situation wasn't a threat and was a false alarm caused by 'if you see something, say something' going horribly wrong.

I suspect the discharge of the weapon wasn't intentional, but it is extremely careless in our times with the recent shooting of black males by police officers that receive unprecedented media attention.

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
I thought I read that there were a total of 4 shots. Of course, early reporting tends to be wrong, so there is that.

Absolutely sickening.

·
Junior Butt Warmer
46,427 Posts
Kinsey said what police did after the shooting is what upsets him the most. "They flipped me over, and I'm faced down in the ground, with cuffs on, waiting on the rescue squad to come. I'd say about 20, about 20 minutes it took the rescue squad to get there. And I was like, bleeding - I mean bleeding and I was like, 'Wow.'"
:shakehead:

·
Registered
10,809 Posts
Yeah, more TV again.

Reminds me of someone who adamantly insisted that as long as a person blows below the legal limit on an Intoxilyzer, they can't be charged with DUI.

:roll:
The fool!

1 - 20 of 51 Posts