Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
68,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yipes! This guy had his own little drug ring going. http://timesdispatch.com/servlet/Satell ... 9189672432

And, while I commend the administration of the city for wanting to do something about it, this kind of thing just does not happen without a lot of people knowing about it.

I once knew a police officer on steroids who killed a guy with his hands. He is now in prison for another murder, and I do not know if anything came of the investigation into the other guy.

Kind of scary to think of a police officer going into a "roid rage" on you.

·
68,968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Malum Prohibitum said:
I once knew a police officer on steroids who killed a guy with his hands. He is now in prison for another murder, and I do not know if anything came of the investigation into the other guy.

Kind of scary to think of a police officer going into a "roid rage" on you.
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/ ... zn.01.html

ZAHN: You have no doubt heard about the alarming number of teenagers who are using illegal steroids to build muscle like the sports stars they idolize. But it is a trend that goes way beyond kids and athletes. It now turns out that some police officers are using, with devastating results, steroids.

Here is CNN investigative correspondent Drew Griffin.

(BEGIN VIDEOTAPE)

DOROTHY JEFFCOAT, WIDOW: I lost my best friend, I mean, the love of my life. And... DREW GRIFFIN, CNN INVESTIGATIVE CORRESPONDENT (voice-over): Dorothy Jeffcoat doesn't want us to show you her face. If we did, you would see the sadness that destroyed her life, her eyes on the verge of tears, her throat gasping to choke back emotions that have haunted her since the day the love of her life was taken away.

JEFFCOAT: It has been 12 years. And I still have a bad time.

GRIFFIN: Lamar Jeffcoat (ph), an Atlanta nightclub owner, was gunned down in the garage of his home on February 10, 1993. It was a robbery attempt gone bad that went mostly unnoticed in the press until police arrested the criminals. Atlanta was shocked to learn a band of rogue police officers, weight lifting buddies in a gym, were patrolling the streets by day and robbing and burglarizing Atlanta by night.

One of them was James Batsel (ph), a body building policeman from Riverdale, Georgia. When Lamar Jeffcoat tried to defend himself, Batsel pulled out a gun and fired 15 times. Nine bullets struck Dorothy's husband. That violent outburst has never been explained. Both officers were convicted. Batsel is now serving out his murder sentence in this Georgia state prison.

But a year after the murder, Dorothy Jeffcoat got a letter in the mail that may be the first evidence of a growing problem in police forces across the U.S. today. James Batsel was admitting he was a police officer on steroids.

JEFFCOAT: "Ms. Jeffcoat, I do not want to make excuses, but I thought you should know that I was not in a rational state of mind during my crime spree. I was taking extremely large doses of steroids."

GRIFFIN: Batsel's letter goes on to say the steroids he felt altered his mental state and he would have never committed any crime if he hadn't been taking huge doses, as he says, of steroids.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
MP are you being anti LEO :?:

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Malum Prohibitum said:
I can't help it sometimes.
Is that why you changed jobs :?: Got to where you didn't like yourself :?:

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
Hey MP!

Did you continue reading that coursework? The five stages of a cop's work life. I'd say you got hung up between two and three...

Enthusiasm

Disillusionment

Panic

Search for scapegoats

Praise and rewards for the non-participants....

Oh! Wait a minute. My bad! Not cops after all.

That's the five stages of a Ford engineer's career. I was the one who got hung up between stages two and three....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts