Cop Not Guilty Shooting Unarmed Man

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Nemo, Oct 5, 2019.

1. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

I don't find discussion or report of this around here. Please move as appropriate.

Nemo

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/e...f-manslaughter-in-georgia-shooting/ar-AAIjCFH

2. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

I didn't know violating an oath of office was a jailable offense. If so, why aren't there crap tons of politicians (federal, state & local) rotting away in jails?

TimBob likes this.

3. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

Are cops born with these telepathic powers or is this taught in the academies? Or is it just BS?

4. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

Cops are just special. Thats why they are cops.

Nemo

5. OWM

OWM Well-Known Member

I left policing in 1981 after 9 years. I know looking in the rear view mirror makes things look different but it was no comparison to what I perceive it to be now. On the other hand everything is off balance now. I still believe there are a lot of good cops out there but the bad ones are overtaking them.

MRD likes this.
  6. mrhutch

mrhutch Well-Known Member

Could be something that was in the system after his automatic tag reader caught Green's car.

7. RedDawnTheMusical

RedDawnTheMusical Well-Known Member

Yeah I suspect that the plate was ran, one way or another, and it came back to an owner with a suspended license. I've seen that several times on Live PD. Of course, occasionally the car is being driven by someone else than the owner, but people still do stupid things like letting law enforcement search and then find that they are on-the-hook for illegal stuff the owner has in the car...

Yeah I don't get that either. I assume that is somehow just sloppy journalism. Journalism has a history of missing details and getting facts wrong, but nowadays journalist and editors don't even seem to try (unless they are trying to fit an agenda - they seem good at that).