Cop kicks suspect in head

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by johnski, Oct 23, 2016.

1. johnski

johnski Well-Known Member

Why would you do this as a cop? Guy was co-operating. Had both hands up. Looks like he was wanting to know "lay down here?"... kick to the head. This officer is being sued for this. It's cops like this give them all a bad rep.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=chcTiWxAxj4[/ame]

2. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

He was making a furtive movement. You just can't see it, but it is there, trust me.

He was just doing a great job of controlling the situation. No harm, no foul.

I hope he gets some much needed paid vacation and a huge raise and promotion. He's the type officer we need out there. Gotta control the situation with force at all times.

3. AtlPhilip

AtlPhilip Proud GCO member.

Sometime in the not so distant future the local newspaper front page would read,

"Sniper kills lone cop patrolling desolate stretch of Hwy 98. No leads at this time."

4. johnski

johnski Well-Known Member

From what I understand that cop broke the guy's jaw, hence the lawsuit. I thought the shod foot was considered a deadly weapon, especially when kicking someone who is down?

Granted, the guy was a criminal but a kick to the side of the head? Why not just shoot him.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2016
  5. moe mensale

moe mensale Well-Known Member

I like the way he later comes back and drops his lower leg on the guy's neck for added restraint even though the cop already there has his knee in his back! :applause:
    Why is it the ones with really short hair or bald seem more jittery than the rest? Gotta love them roids!

Respect my authoritah!

Last edited: Oct 24, 2016
  6. CoffeeMate

CoffeeMate Junior Butt Warmer

Anyone know what was going on there? Were they the guys there were looking for?

Attached Files:

7. DKW

DKW Active Member

Here is a copy of the full video from the beginning of the stop as the video above doesn't show some of the stuff the guy was doing before.

Watching the full video he was not complying with the officers orders.

Not saying what the cop did was justified but the guy did make some movements and if I was a cop I would be leery of.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zjGM7S1kOOc[/ame]

8. AtlPhilip

Yes, that presents quite a different picture....

9. Nemo

Nemo Man of Myth and Legend

And of course sirens are left screaming to drown out any instructions to or questions from the stopped vehicle occupants because of the required speed in that situation and no time to turn them off.

Nemo

10. moe mensale

OK, the guy made some dumbass movements and probably could have been shot. Totally his fault. But the cop drove his foot into the guy's face and into the ground with his full weight behind it. The damage could have been far more severe than "just" a broken jaw. Look at how he pulled the driver out. Did he shove his gun into the driver's face? I can't really tell but he might have. He's not getting a pass from me for being a badged prick.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2016
  11. AtlPhilip

Having read my earlier opinion, we have to differ there. He clearly looks like he's trying to reach for something in his waistband (repeatedly), and chooses a location that offers cover. Seizing the opportunity to take him out of the fight was a reasonable move.

12. EJR914

I'm going to say that the guy was lucky he didn't get shot, pistols were drawn, and it looks like he went for his waistband at least once that I saw. He's probably lucky he wasn't shot. So technically the cop probably showed restraint by just kick him in the face to get him down on the ground.

13. Savannah Dan

Savannah Dan Cross-drawer

And the reason we spent a while paying $4 a gallon for gas was so that we would feel grateful about paying $3 a gallon for it.

14. EJR914

Same thing really. We see how these cops are trained out there.

15. moe mensale

No argument about the stupid moves the guy was making. I'm actually surprised he wasn't shot.

But he was on all four when Officer Roid got to him. A foot or knee to the back would have accomplished the same thing.

It would be interesting to see what happened further on though.

16. AtlPhilip

Serious question. If you were faced with an armed gunman would you shoot for the leg?

17. EJR914

Not a chance

18. moe mensale

Of course not.

I'll over-simplify this but an "armed gunman" is pretty much a man with a gun in hand or otherwise visible who wants to show me his pretty bullets. We can embellish this some but I'm just trying to make a point.

I've already conceded that the moron in the video (who doesn't even appear to know which way up is) was lucky he wasn't shot because of his movements. But at the time Officer Roid greeted him, he was on the ground on his hands and knees. Not the best position to draw and shoot from considering the large police presence around him with drawn weapons.

We're not supposed to second guess cops' reactions because we aren't in their shoes when this stuff goes down. But between Roid's actions on the moron's face and his takedown of the driver immediately thereafter, my belief is this guy likes to exert his "influence" whenever the opportunity arises.

19. AtlPhilip

I disagree. An armed gunman is a threat with a gun. Letting that person get you in sight picture before considering them a deadly threat is suicide.

After having done what looks like a drawing motion three times he is STILL non-compliant. To believe he's about to draw from waistband right handed and shoot the cop to the right (or me) is not a far reach at all.

20. moe mensale

Like I said, we shouldn't try to second guess the cop's mindset but I sure would like to see what happened latter. Did they find a gun on the moron? Was he actually contemplating shooting it out with the cops? This wasn't a one-on-one confrontation. I don't know. Maybe he was that stupid.

Regardless, I still think the cop was on a roid trip. There are some, you can just look at them and know they're just waiting for the slightest provocation to crack you open.