Conyers TEA Party with open carry Sat Oct 2

Discussion in 'GENERAL EVENTS' started by TreeCowboy, Oct 1, 2010.

1. TreeCowboy

TreeCowboy New Member

On Sat there will be the 2nd anual Conyers TEA Party @ Pine Log Park.. 11-4ish. It is about a mile north from I-20 on 138 on the left. There will be speekers and food. (and guns)

There will be some particapants open carring. I hope to see plenty of orange "Guns Save Lives" buttons. There often is with this group.

2. EJR914

EJR914 Cheezburger Operator

I'll be there! :righton:

3. Iceman

Iceman Active Member

Be sure to stop by the GCO table and say Hi.

EDIT:
    Better yet, bring a non-member by the GCO table and sign them up!

4. GooberTim

GooberTim New Member

+1 It will be underneath the GeorgiaCarry.Org tent sporting a nice looking banner!

5. seereus

seereus Active Member

I see no updates, any mass blood shed?
    Riot squads?
    Tear Gas?

6. Iceman

Iceman Active Member

Why would there be?

7. seereus

seereus Active Member

Well, with people carrying guns and all..............the :screwy: :screwy: always claim such things will happen.

8. Iceman

Iceman Active Member

Well, don't buy into everything the :screwy: :screwy: people say.

9. Pandashire

Pandashire New Member

I can see the sarcasm was lost.

10. Iceman

Iceman Active Member

No, the sarcasm wasn't lost. I'm just not going to play into it.

When you use sarcasm, you're making fun of the other side and you end up alienating them. I'd prefer to make friends of the other side. You never know why someone is against you until you talk to them. And if you talk to them, you might have a chance to shed some light for them. Or, perhaps they will shed some light for you. (And I'm not referring only to the Second Amendment.)

Don't think for a second those that oppose the Second Amendment aren't coming to this forum and looking around. And don't think they won't use what they read to justify in their minds that "gun nuts" are nuts.

11. Iceman

Iceman Active Member

Jerry / Tim, it was a surprise to see y'all yesterday. Thanks for coming out.

12. timbrubaker

timbrubaker I may be slow, but I sure am ugly

It was great to finally meet some GCO folks at an event. We're busy with kids and grandkids these days, so our time to do other good things is limited; but we're going to make an effort to pitch in down the road. Thanks for the new fade-resistant stickers, I applied one to the suburban before leaving the parking lot.

13. GotUrBack

GotUrBack New Member

I always enjoy my visits to Rockdale County. As I said yesterday, I have been there so many times of late that I should just register to vote. After all, I do like your candidates better than mine. :lol: :lol:

14. shamalama

shamalama New Member

Not GCO folks, but some of the Tea Partiers were Open Carrying.

:D

[​IMG]

GCO had a good booth, lots of good folks, passing along lots of good information. Kudos to the group.

15. Iceman

Iceman Active Member

[​IMG][/quote]
    Somebody has to much time on their hands!

And I don't care what the dude wearing the blue shirt says....I'm carrin' a Springer anyway.