Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Yukon Cornelius
11,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone ever converted a boat trailer to a MC hauler?? ive got a boat trailer and just need to make a floor for it?? anyone got any idea about how you would go at it? i assume getting some metal to add in across the open spaces then im thinking some diamond plate bolted to the frame

gross weight for the trailer is 1519

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
Take all the rollers etc off, and deck it with 3/4" pressure treated plywood. Add a couple of tiedowns,
and some new lights, and roll out!

·
Yukon Cornelius
11,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
according to the mustang forums this is how i should do it....mount a truck tool box(which i have one laying around) and then a few rails

and when you see it.....

·
Registered
7,594 Posts
You'd really need to cut a few feet off of that tongue too, and ditch the jack.
You won't need it. Do you plan to add a ramp?

·
Registered
2,823 Posts
That would work fine, but leaves a lot of room for road debris to get at your bikes. The toolbox is a good idea, but If I were building one, it would have a full deck.

·
Yukon Cornelius
11,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
CountryGun said:
definitely need some way to get a 550lb Hayabusa up on it :shattered:

·
Banned
7,204 Posts
rmodel65 said:
CountryGun said:
definitely need some way to get a 550lb Hayabusa up on it :shattered:
If I were you, I'd be hauling buns on the Hayabusa the opposite direction of the T-Rex coming down the street. Forget the trailer. :lol:

·
Registered
7,594 Posts
Sell the trailer, and put the money down on a decent hauler. The bike's too classy for the piece of "work" you're thinking about!
You're thinking about putting the fastest bike in the world on the ugliest trailer in the world? Paaleeeeese!

·
Yukon Cornelius
11,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
CountryGun said:
Sell the trailer, and put the money down on a decent hauler. The bike's too classy for the piece of "work" you're thinking about!
You're thinking about putting the fastest bike in the world on the ugliest trailer in the world? Paaleeeeese!
see the truck its hooked to?? i dont really care about looks :lol: im on a tight budget and have the trailer at my disposal ;)

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
Like said above, deck it with 3/4 treated plywood and make sure your tie downs are anchored to the frame of the trailer and not just the plywood.

I agree with cutting the tongue down a few feet.

Don't forget to add a spare tire somewhere.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts