Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
5,798 Posts
I have found this argument very easy to deconstruct.

First, it is important that you make it clear to them that the argument of "well if no one had guns" is silly. America has some 250 Millions guns floating around. So saying that we should ban all guns is just a childish statement to make. They would never be gone, even if completely banned.

Second, ask them if every human being has a right to self-defense.

Does this right to self-defense apply to kids in college?

Naturally, unless they are so far out of touch with reality that they would say no one has the right to self-defense, you have a solid argument at this point.

Then say that if people have a right to self-defense they have a right to the most effective means of self-defense. Ergo, people should be allowed to have guns on campus to protect themselves.

If at this point they bring up that these people are not able to handle the situation, ask them what is more morally acceptable to them...a kid being shot in the head because he had his gun training scheduled for the following week or that same kid using his firearm to protect himself and possibly others.

This is the point in the conversation that most antis got quiet.

Then I say: it is ok if you don't like guns, but don't take people's right to self-defense away because you dislike the tool that they use.

· Registered
5,798 Posts
I disagree.

If you park somewhere else, you carried that gun to...somewhere else. Then you went to the public gathering (sans gun naturally :roll: ).

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.