Considering GCO Membership...

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by HannitizedRushBaby, Jul 24, 2007.

1. HannitizedRushBaby

HannitizedRushBaby New Member

I have spent some time researching at GCO's site, but I wanted some input from members. What are the pros of joining this organization?

2. Brian618

Brian618 New Member

Join Now!!! GCO actively works to change Georgia gun laws for the better. The more members, the better. Be sure to check out the GCO Member lunch thread in the General Events section and sign up for that too.

3. USMC - Retired

USMC - Retired New Member

1. A feeling that you are a part of the solution, not just an observer.

2. GCO intervention when your local Gov decides to create laws that are preempted by state law or when your probate judge decides to refuse to issue a temp etc.

3. Being part of a group of like minded folks and enjoying GCO shoots and luncheons.

4. See number 1 and repeat over and over again....

4. ber950

ber950 Active Member

5. M249

M249 New Member

I've looked at what GCO has accomplished in its short lifespan, and I thought to myself, "These folks are really making a difference."

I have not seen another organization, in the state of Georgia in the same time frame, that has done as much to protect and defend Georgia residents' Second Amendment rights.

GCO was the only RKBA organization I saw at the committee hearing supporting HB 89... plus, GCO has the tie!

ETA: And everything Gunny said...

6. AeroShooter

AeroShooter New Member

Speaking as someone how has just joined today, I can say the process was painless... just a few clicks of the mouse / punched a few keys and I was done. Looking at my checking account, I noticed a real number was taken out... which is ok, because my employer gives me a much larger real number every week, which I then break into smaller real numbers and give out to various parties. I tell you this online banking thing is neat... I no longer have 'money' but a lifestyle.

To top it all off: I have a sense of belonging that I did not have before.

7. gsusnake

gsusnake Token Liberal Hippie

And not only that, you get to slave over a gun show table in Savannah!

please!

8. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

Why? Because:

Public policy is controlled by the people who consistently show up and stay involved. GCO believes informed, active gun owners are the best defense against those who endeavor to infringe our liberties. To that end, GCO works tirelessly to keep our membership informed and active, and our members respond with equal passion and commitment.

If you want to be treated like a valued member of a winning team, not just a member number and a source of revenue, if you want to be involved in defeating anti-gun laws and promoting gun ownership as a right, GCO wants you.

9. AeroShooter

AeroShooter New Member

like that gun safety lady in the video

10. Malum Prohibitum

Malum Prohibitum Moderator Staff Member

GCO? What is GCO? Got a link? :D

11. wsweeks2

wsweeks2 New Member

What are the cons?

12. gsusnake

It costs $15, and there's a T.I.E. involved.

...come to think about it, that's not that bad.

WHY HAVEN'T ALL OF YOU JOINED YET?

13. HannitizedRushBaby

HannitizedRushBaby New Member

I hate to ask because it's probably a really stupid question... but what's a T.I.E.??

14. tj2000

tj2000 New Member

Besides.................

We are the only ones proffesional enough to handle a fotay...............
    Sorry I just couldn't resist.
    JOIN NOW, WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR......
    :rotfl2: "I love this little guy"

15. Sharky

Sharky New Member

The TIE as I know of it is MP's outstanding candy cane tie.

Now watch another member chime in and reveal I really never knew what the heck the T.I.E really was!

16. gsusnake

That's it.

Seriously... why hasn't everyone here joined GCO yet? There isn't a single other organization that's done 1% of what GCO has done to improve GA gun laws.

17. S&W 40

S&W 40 Active Member

Join for all the reasons listed or any others you can think of, why are you reading this site? You must like guns and enjoy your 2nd rights, join.

Who has the link to the T.I.E, video? :?

18. USMC - Retired

USMC - Retired New Member

There is a link in the auction thread under item 10.

19. AeroShooter

AeroShooter New Member

b-b-but what about Georgians for Gun Safety? Isn't GCO just duplicating their effort?

:wink: