Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
انا باتمان
11,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So apparently a company Premiere Radio Networks provides callers to radio hosts when they want a soap box moment. I would imagine that both sides use these kind of services, but Liberal Talk Radio is almost non-existent.

Interesting story:
http://crooksandliars.com/susie-madrak/ ... radio-host

Fact is these shows are designed to entertain, and people listen to hear the host's opinions. Not a big surprise that they have people to throw them a slow one right over the middle of the plate.

I'm just not sure if it slants our ideas on John Q Public out there.

·
I watch the watchers
12,886 Posts
So... from the web-page referenced, I see .....

At Home with Gary Sullivan .... home improvement advice. "Hey Gary, it's winter, what should I do with my begonia's?"
The Bob and Tom Show .... News, sports and topical life "Bob, do you think the Green Bay quaterback's recent arrest will affect the game against __________?"
Handel on the Law with Bil Handel .... "Bill, should I hire one of the attorney's listed on your website to handle my case against my tennis pro?"
Dr Dean Edell .... "Dr. Dean there's been a lot of talk lately about _______________, what's the deal with it?"
Leo LaPorte the Tech Guy .... "Leo, is it worth paying for that online virus protection advertisement that pops up everywhere?"
Coast to Coast AM with Art Bell ....UFO's, Men in Black, Chubacabra's.... "Coast to Coast's" stock in trade.
Coast to Coast AM with Ian Punnet
Coast to Coast AM with George Noory

Jesus Christ ..."What would Jesus say? 2000 years ago, he walked this Earth. What if today, you could talk to Him, laugh with Him, cry with Him? Not only through prayer, but...THROUGH THE RADIO. " 'nuff said.

Keep Home Alive with the Reverend Jesse Jackson
Randi Rhodes - - Progressive Talk Radio Personality formerly on Air America

Fox News Radio Network
Glen Beck
Rush Limbaugh
Jason Lewis
Sean Hannity
The Weekend

Hardly "news" and hardly impressed. Everyone has heard "seminar callers", "false flag callers" and just about every stripe of caller out there. Acting isn't easy, or everyone would be doing it, and most people are capable from distinguishing the sincere from the insincere.

·
Dei Gratia
2,907 Posts
I've heard Rush say he used "actors" on occasion to help get a point across etc.. I always assumed the others did too. It's kinda fun trying to pick them out from the regular callers.

·
Banned
7,204 Posts
That "Imam" calling for sharia in America that's on Fox News and Hannity seems like a paid actor to me.

·
I watch the watchers
12,886 Posts
bdee said:
Well Hannity has always brought people on so he can hear himself talk.
Brought them on, or bought them on?
With the contentiousness of politics today, do you really think all those evil conservatives Need to hire people to call?

Although there have been no statistics put forth by the company on the subject, I'll wager that paid actors to call the "Sunday Morning Tea Cotillion" far outnumber any paid callers to political talk shows.

·
انا باتمان
11,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The article isn't saying the majority of the callers are actors. It says that they book time with this company when they have something they want to talk about or bring something up.

·
Member Georgia Carry
12,223 Posts
Looking forward to hearing what Rush says about this Monday. :popcorn:

·
انا باتمان
11,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No sir, you are absolutely right.

But to be honest, I don't think this takes away from the shows. People listen to hear their rants. I am sure there are listeners who feel exactly the way these actors sound, just maybe not as accurate, or as clean as a segway. To me this is not that big a deal. But tomorrow, the liberal media will have a heyday.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
I wouldn't classify this site or article as a credible source given its blatantly obvious left wing moon bat slant. There's also the fact that there's no evidence that any of the conservative talk show hosts use the service. If you read the "Tablet" article cited as the source for the breathless left wing rant posts (calling them articles would be a long stretch) from Columbia Journalism Review and the Crooks & Liars sites. The service is provided by the company that also syndicates literally hundreds of shows both political and non political. They have no proof that C.T.R. hosts use the service at all. It's like the moonbats that claim IBM supported the Holocaust because the Nazi regime used IBM punch card technology for census operations. :screwy: :screwy: :screwy: :screwy: :screwy: :screwy:

This is the same kind of crap they post all the time just like the nut job that tried to claim Sean Hannity was making a mint off the Freedom Tour concerts that he promotes every year. They take a small grain of truth and set out for high Earth orbit. Get back to me when you have concrete verifiable proof.

·
Member Georgia Carry
12,223 Posts
Ken1961 said:
I've heard Rush say he used "actors" on occasion to help get a point across etc.. I always assumed the others did too. It's kinda fun trying to pick them out from the regular callers.
You obviously did not hear him correctly or understand the context of what he was referring to.

Rush has NEVER used actors and has NEVER paid anyone to be a caller to his radio show. Today, he went into great detail to make it crystal clear that is the case. This was the first thing he dealt with on his program.

Most actors are liberals. If they had been used, they would not hesitate to expose Rush as a fraud, winning the accolades of their peers and the rest of libdom.

This was a story back in February that died out with a fizzle. Now, all of a sudden the liberal blogosphere thinks it's news again? Even after having plenty of time to rehash it, they still present zero evidence to contradict Rush? Hmmm...

·
Dei Gratia
2,907 Posts
Phil1979 said:
Ken1961 said:
You obviously did not hear him correctly or understand the context of what he was referring to.

Rush has NEVER used actors and has NEVER paid anyone to be a caller to his radio show. Today, he went into great detail to make it crystal clear that is the case. This was the first thing he dealt with on his program.

Most actors are liberals. If they had been used, they would not hesitate to expose Rush as a fraud, winning the accolades of their peers and the rest of libdom.

This was a story back in February that died out with a fizzle. Now, all of a sudden the liberal blogosphere thinks it's news again? Even after having plenty of time to rehash it, they still present zero evidence to contradict Rush? Hmmm...
It's possible that I mis-recall. I heard this several years ago (10+). I heard his statement today as you also , obviously, did. That said, he IS in the entertainment biz and I take all everyone, on both sides, says, with a spoon full of salt.

just sayin'....

·
انا باتمان
11,745 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Phil1979 said:
If he said that, then for his sake I hope it's the truth. If he has lied about this and there is evidence to the contrary, he's done as an entertainer.

·
Dei Gratia
2,907 Posts
bdee said:
Phil1979 said:
If he said that, then for his sake I hope it's the truth. If he has lied about this and there is evidence to the contrary, he's done as an entertainer.
It could be, if he's used "actors" at all, that they were members of his crew. He wouldn't have to hire them. They are already on payroll. He'd be technically telling the truth.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Ken1961 said:
bdee said:
Phil1979 said:
It could be, if he's used "actors" at all, that they were members of his crew. He wouldn't have to hire them. They are already on payroll. He'd be technically telling the truth.
Today he all but begged for someone to come public with evidence that they were paid by him or anybody affiliated with him or his show.

·
Dei Gratia
2,907 Posts
AEKDB said:
Ken1961 said:
bdee said:
Phil1979 said:
Today he all but begged for someone to come public with evidence that they were paid by him or anybody affiliated with him or his show.
Yes he did. However, you have to ask, would his own staff jump up and say..."I did it!" ?

Don't get me wrong. I like Rush. I enjoy his show. I agree with most of what he says, heck, maybe all of it. But, I don't know him personally, I can't vouch for his off radio/screen character, can you?

Momma always said, "Believe only half of what you see and none of what you read." She was talking about the newspapers and personal witnessing, but I think it applies here as well.

·
Member Georgia Carry
12,223 Posts
Ken1961 said:
AEKDB said:
Ken1961 said:
bdee said:
Phil1979 said:
Yes he did. However, you have to ask, would his own staff jump up and say..."I did it!" ?

Don't get me wrong. I like Rush. I enjoy his show. I agree with most of what he says, heck, maybe all of it. But, I don't know him personally, I can't vouch for his off radio/screen character, can you?

Momma always said, "Believe only half of what you see and none of what you read." She was talking about the newspapers and personal witnessing, but I think it applies here as well.
He made it clear that he never used call-in actors, period. I could hardly believe that he'd use a staff member and then trust them absolutely not to betray him. He values his name more highly than that, I believe.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.