Georgia Firearm Forums - Georgia Packing banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Congressman Wants To Pardon Border Agents
SAN DIEGO -- Last-minute pleas are being made in the case of two former Border Patrol agents who are due to report to prison. Jose Compean and Ignacio Ramos were convicted in a court in El Paso, Texas, for shooting and wounding a Mexican drug smuggler.

Congressional representatives, including Duncan Hunter and Dana Rohrabacher, have been urging the president to pardon the two. The agents have been sentenced to serve 11 and 12 years in prison, respectively.

According to the Washington Times, the agents found 743 pounds of marijuana in the smuggler's van.
Source

If Bush were to do this he could redeem himself just a tiny bit.

·
Registered
780 Posts
The fact that it has gotten as far as it has is absolutely disgusting.

They should be given medals for repelling an invader.

·
Registered
5,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
And there is a new incident:

Mexican Gov't Blasts Killing of Migrant

Last Updated:
01-17-07 at 8:22AM

MEXICO CITY -- The Mexican government sent a diplomatic note to the United States on Tuesday protesting the fatal shooting of a Mexican immigrant by a U.S. Border Patrol agent.

The note, presented by the Mexican Embassy in Washington, relayed "the Mexican government's firm condemnation" of the shooting and its "serious concern over the recurrence of this type of incident," according to a Foreign Relations Department news release.

The diplomatic note underscored Mexico's demand that the U.S. conduct "an exhaustive investigation" and punish whoever is responsible, the release said.

Francisco Javier Dominguez-Rivera, 22, of Puebla, Mexico, was killed Friday in a confrontation with the unidentified agent north of the U.S.-Mexico border in Arizona between Bisbee and Douglas.

A group of seven people were crossing the desert and the agent took six of them into custody without incident, authorities said.

But the agent and Dominguez-Rivera began fighting, authorities said. The agent, who believed his life was in danger, shot and killed the man, the Border Patrol said previously. An autopsy was scheduled Wednesday.

On Sunday, Mexican President Felipe Calderon expressed his "most energetic protest" against the shooting.

The agent is on paid administrative leave while the case is pending. An FBI spokeswoman in Arizona said both county and federal investigations were under way and that there could be a civil rights investigation.

Mexican consular personnel have met with Dominguez Rivera's brothers and the four others who are being held in a detention center in an effort to obtain their version of Friday's events, the Foreign Relations Department said.
Source

·
Registered
6,172 Posts
Maybe I just don't understand, but..........

When unauthorized people cross the border of any country anywhere in the world, doesn't that country have the right to stop them? I mean stop them by any means necessary up to and including deadly force?

If I were to illegally cross into Mexico, I would expect the Mexican authorities to start shooting at me if they couldn't take me into custody.

Maybe Germany and Poland in 1939 is an extreme example, but isn't it the same principle?

Does anyone know how international law treats this type situation?

·
68,672 Posts
And we all know how active this Mexican diplomat has been in ensuring the nice treatment of Americans in Mexican prisons . . . right?

·
Registered
5,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Turn the southern border in a mine field. Anyone that runs the gauntlet and make it in on piece gets to come to America.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Man. The border desert area would probably make a great training ground for practicing hunting down terrorist. Sniper teams could practice surveillance, gunships could practice strafing, and artillery has plenty of open desert to lay it down.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts